Komoot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've looked at it - I'll possibly use a couple of routes, but it's pointed out two sneaky pump tracks I never knew existed.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Komoot is a really good app for planning routes while you are actually out riding. A friend planned a route from his address in Groningen, Holland to my address in Denmark. All he did was put both of our address into Komoot and rode the route it suggested. He said all but 100m of the route was great and the last 100m was perfectly rideable.

It does take you off tarmac occasionally, even if you have it planned in for a Road bike. But everything it has ever sent me on is perfectly rideable.

I use with RWGPS on the PC at home as it has Streetview. If Komoot had Streetview on the PC, it would be difficult to choose.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Highly rate it. Loads nicely onto my Wahoo now they (Komoot) have ironed out a few problems. Used it loads in the NL and l loved how you could load up campsites and just link your routes. Recently I have used it for some really good, circular, DIY Audax routes up to 200. You can set it to ‘road’ for utilitarian routes, ‘bike touring’ for more scenic stuff or ‘mountain bike’ for some off road routes. Also hiking and running.

There are basic tutorials on YouTube.

The only thing I think is a bit half-job, is the ‘community’ of experts, pioneers, likes, recommendations etc. Pretty inactive and dull so I have stopped contributing. Somehow I have become a pioneer and expert for reasons unbeknown to me.

Top Bottom