Kona Lisa Stolen in Clifton Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2B3

Had a Mountain Bike stolen on the 30th October 2009. It was attached to a frame on my car and parked on Arbutus Close, Clifton, Nottingham. Had just collected the bike from the shop as gift for my wife and was returning home to Yorkshire. I had just popped in to chat to a friend (expensive chat it turned out to be!:sad:)

I was gutted. Spent an hour or so driving around in hope of seeing someone with it. I would of gladly ran them over whilst they were on the bike if I had seen them :evil:

Description of the bike is a follows:

Kona Lisa (09)
White frame with blue stencilling
White Kona Wah Wah pedals
Frame number F911K4364

Not familiar with the Clifton area. I assume it will be hidden for a number of days then stripped for parts.

Has anyone had experience of bike theft in Clifton, Nottingham? And what would you do if you saw someone riding your bike which had been recently stolen?

e-rider

crappy member
I used to live near there - it's a pretty dodgy area. The bike will be sold on for next to nothing; usually by drug users or local teens. In the end it might end up on eBay or Gumtree but I wouldn't hold your breath! The parts might be sold on eBay and the frame will just dissappear. Or it'll just end up on the streets in Derby or Sheffield being used by someone who has no idea it is stolen. Bad luck mate; I know how you feel.

OP
OP
R

R2B3

Had some news about my Lisa. A guy walked into Evans Cycles a few days after the theft. He asked how much Kona Lisa's retailed for, as he had just picked one up for £300. The shop assistant asked him to bring it into the shop (knowing mine had been stolen) so they could value it for him. It has not been seen since.

The guy had the name Morgan tatooed to his neck. I informed the local police about this and have not heard anything back.

So if you live in Nottingham and know of a person with Morgan tatooed on his neck........

Top Bottom