Kona Ute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It might be useful, but AFAIC it is also extremely ugly xx( Looks like it belongs in a garden centre or somewhere like that!

Zoiders

It is so ugly it goes all the way around the dial and back to pretty again

I like it, looks much better than the latest Post Office bikes which look simply abortionate

Like the military OG colour scheme as well, which is probably the idea, reminds you of an early jeep or a landrover

col

Legendary Member
It is different,but thats why i like it i think,looks like it could be very useful too.

Just taken Delivery

Have just got one of these....ugly yes...but cool too...and could be kind of useful. How many times do we leave our bike at home because it cant carry what we need. Thats my theory. I will use this bike more than any other. Lets see how it works out. Its not a racer, so cant understand why they left front suspension and a suspended seatpost out of the spec given its a great bike to tour around in comfort on in theory.

Zoiders

Peter Kinnaird said:
Have just got one of these....ugly yes...but cool too...and could be kind of useful. How many times do we leave our bike at home because it cant carry what we need. Thats my theory. I will use this bike more than any other. Lets see how it works out. Its not a racer, so cant understand why they left front suspension and a suspended seatpost out of the spec given its a great bike to tour around in comfort on in theory.
Do you fancy rebuilding a modern sus fork on tour? the service intervals are just unrealistic

I dont think that level of fancyness was the idea with the Ute, plus with a bike that can be that heavily loaded you are getting into using forks like the Rock Shox Boxer which is double clamp, which would add a huge amount on to the price of the bike

there is not a lot wrong with 20kg given the loads you can put on it with or with out the kids.

Top Bottom