Koolstop brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Salmon are softer and I believe aimed at wet weather/winter riding, black are a bit harder compound, less wear. but not quite as powerful.
I swapped the standard Ultegra pads for Salmon on the front and black at the rear and the combo is far better than the Ultegra.
Wear on the Salmons not bad at all, the stopping power is phenomenal though with good feel. I'd have never done the Ventoux at the speed I did if I had to rely on the Ultegra pads.
I didn't put Salmon on the back as I dont really wish to lock-up the rear-wheel

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Cheers FF, The OE pads lasted me all of three months from new when I heard a ''scraping'' noise when applied from the front brake (Worn out.).

In a state of desperation I had to go to halfrauds and buy some new blocks........ Then I found this place.

I like your idea of mixing though. I'm OK for the while but it will be Koolstop next time.

Next question I suppose would have to be :- interchangeable blocks or fixed ?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Elmer Fudd said:
Cheers FF, The OE pads lasted me all of three months from new when I heard a ''scraping'' noise when applied from the front brake (Worn out.).

In a state of desperation I had to go to halfrauds and buy some new blocks........ Then I found this place.

I like your idea of mixing though. I'm OK for the while but it will be Koolstop next time.

Next question I suppose would have to be :- interchangeable blocks or fixed ?

Well I use the ones that fit the Ultegra/Dura-Ace holders.

Top Bottom