Koolstop Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
Wanting to buy some (UK road riding) but which ones? What are the new 'Triple compound' pads?

TIA

Capture.PNG

Just get salmon, fit and forget. If you read all the bumph you'll notice that it all means the same thing.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
I have on my 80s bike that I am riding through the winter months a set of 80s Grey koolstops, I know they are 80s because that is when I fitted them they still stop like the day I first fitted them. So I have a great respect for koolstop brakes although I have not used their modern products yet. (It hasn't been in constant use btw) Not much use to you as an answer but there you go.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
+1 Koolstop Salmons

Nothing but good things here as well -gentle to rims, superior braking (big difference in the wet). I've also got the dual compounds on an old mtb and they are good too, but I have a sense they are a little less soft (hard to tell as obviously different levers and brakes).

Anyway, to add to everyone else, I don't think you'll regret the Koolstop Salmons.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
As above. The Salmon saved my life at least once.
Pushed you back to the surface? Unexpected dinner party?

Bodhbh

Guru
Just get salmon, fit and forget. If you read all the bumph you'll notice that it all means the same thing.

I think marketing speak means they can't actually state clearly one pad is less good than the other, hence the gibberish you have to decipher to work out what pads you need.

Top Bottom