Kos island.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hi all. I just returned from the said Greek Island this morning after spending 2 weeks in an apartment there. I just want to say it is a great place to visit with loads to see and good restaurants. The people are so friendly, so warm hearted and welcoming.
Whilst we were there, I heard that some English newspapers were advising travellers not to go there because of the earthquake. Rubbish I say. Go there and enjoy the place. Yes, we had a few tremors which lasted no more than 2 seconds but nothing serious, nothing to worry about. The earthquake they had 3 or 4 weeks ago is gone. I saw the damages it produced but this is over now and we never felt in danger.
The British press has a habit of exaggerating events like this and repeating the same pictures. The people of Kos need us to survive and they worry that tourists will panic and cancel their bookings. We are pleased we went and will go again as their hospitality is second to none. We had a smashing time and even managed to ride a rented bike in the 35 degree heat . I know the holiday season is nearly over but if you are already planning for next year, try Kos, you won't be disappointed.

kiwifruit

Über Member
Hi all. I just returned from the said Greek Island this morning after spending 2 weeks in an apartment there. I just want to say it is a great place to visit with loads to see and good restaurants. The people are so friendly, so warm hearted and welcoming.
Whilst we were there, I heard that some English newspapers were advising travellers not to go there because of the earthquake. Rubbish I say. Go there and enjoy the place. Yes, we had a few tremors which lasted no more than 2 seconds but nothing serious, nothing to worry about. The earthquake they had 3 or 4 weeks ago is gone. I saw the damages it produced but this is over now and we never felt in danger.
The British press has a habit of exaggerating events like this and repeating the same pictures. The people of Kos need us to survive and they worry that tourists will panic and cancel their bookings. We are pleased we went and will go again as their hospitality is second to none. We had a smashing time and even managed to ride a rented bike in the 35 degree heat . I know the holiday season is nearly over but if you are already planning for next year, try Kos, you won't be disappointed.

kiwifruit

Über Member
I just got back this afternoon as you say what a great place we stay at Marmari. I went for a week with the family and the locals are really friendly and not so friendly holiday reps. I hire a bike yesterday in the afternoon and ride up to Zia and it was steep and hot.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I just got back this afternoon as you say what a great place we stay at Marmari. I went for a week with the family and the locals are really friendlyand not so friendly holiday reps. I hire a bike yesterday in the afternoon and ride up to Zia and it was steep and hot.
We went to Zia on Monday, there were 8 of us and we hired 4 quads. It was great. Beautiful place.

kiwifruit

Über Member
We went to Zia on Monday, there were 8 of us and we hired 4 quads. It was great. Beautiful place.
We went on Monday too with the wife and kids. We hired a car for a day and went sightseeing all day. Went back to the hotel refresh ourself and drove up there for meal and see the sunset and it was beautiful. And I thought am going to ride up here the next day and I did but it was a struggle. :-) My wife think Zia is really nice too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
........... I know the holiday season is nearly over but if you are already planning for next year, try Kos, you won't be disappointed.

We always used to go to the Greek islands in the first week of September. They are less crowded then and the weather is still good and not too hot. It's certainly not too late to go this year. Have fun.

TVC

If you read the tabloids it's supposed to be over run by Syrian refugees, or 'immigrants' as they prefer. Thousands of them turning up every day on lilos and inflateable rings.

Depending how plans go next year, we've got our eye on a nice little adults only hotel on the north coast for spring.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If you read the tabloids it's supposed to be over run by Syrian refugees, or 'immigrants' as they prefer. Thousands of them turning up every day on lilos and inflateable rings.

Depending how plans go next year, we've got our eye on a nice little adults only hotel on the north coast for spring.
A 'Keys in the ashtray' kind of place. :whistle:

Top Bottom