Kronan blue city bike - how much is it worth??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut557

I bought a Kronan blue city Bike second hand for £200 in 2016 - it’s in great condition. I don’t use it as I’m not super confident on the roads so looking to sell it - anyone have any idea how much they’re worth?

Barely found anything about them online, other then they were originally made for the Swedish army, hence why the bike has its own steel number plate and that they are no seem longer available To buy brand new.

Bike has a mini pump attached, Dynamo front light, coaster breaking system, wheel guards etc so it’s a pretty great bike! Also in great condition

Any advice would be amazing

C0AD9C94-3C4C-4013-8650-BC56CF74BD3D.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Lovely unique bike, I’ve never seen one before, can’t be many about.
I’d say you’d get your money back with the right buyer who appreciates it and it’s history. I wonder where they were made? Now might not be the best time to sell.
You could always advertise it on here, someone might well be interested as we’re mostly enthusiasts. Be sure to include the frame size ( measured from the centre of the chainset to the top of the seat tube)

Chris S

Legendary Member
Modern Kronan bikes were made out of Asian parts in Poland. They're nowhere near as sturdy as the Swedish originals. They were briefly imported into the UK but didn't sell as they were expensive and heavy, a bit like a Dutch bike.

I seem to remember that their prices started at around £600, ten years ago. Similar Dutch bikes regularly sell for £150 and yours should appeal to the same sort of market. You stand a good chance of getting most of your £200 back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom