Kuota Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

Cycleops

Legendary Member
He does indeed mention Kuota but adds nothing that might help the poster other than two family member ride them which may be an indication that they're happy with them.

Nice to have the dilemma.

U

User33236

Mrs SG and I hired a couple of Kuota bikes in Tenerife last year. Can't recall exactly which model. There was a lot to like about them and they handled well on the fast descents.

They seem to be popular with triathletes.

EDIT: They were the Kuota Kryon.

vickster

Legendary Member
He does indeed mention Kuota but adds nothing that might help the poster other than two family member ride them which may be an indication that they're happy with them.

Nice to have the dilemma.
And information about the ownership experience, the brand attributes / promise, as well as the build quality, any issues experienced, potential dealers...the OP can and should ride for himself and decide whether the bike in question is comfortable / right, the rest comes from owning a bike for a while which @HarryTheDog family has

The bike in my avatar (actually, that reminds me: must come up with something better) is my Kuota Kiral: absolutely the best bike I've ever had and with which I couldn't be happier.

As for the brand don't be put off by the terrible website and marketing - you'd be forgiven for thinking they're out of business! They most assuredly are not - the dealers and UK distributor are excellent and because the bikes are built to your spec a full fit is included in the process (or was last time I checked).

I caught and rode with a chap on an ex-team Kuota on RideLondon last year. Ours were two of the only 3 Kuotas I saw all day, and riding together we got loads of compliments on the bikes, as they're that bit different and frankly gorgeous!

My only kriticism would be their ridiculous knaming konvention where everything begins with a K.

Definitely worth a trip for a test ride.

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
hi Paul. Similar to Specialeyes I have have got kuota Kiral and could not be happier with it. Had it about 3 years and not a problem. Igloo cycles in Chesterfield is a dealer and the owner Rob is a top man who I am sure would give you any advice you might need.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 193
As people have mentioned both my Wife and daughter have Kuota's. Aluminium framed Kuota K-Lite, carbon Kom air and a KOM evo. Our main reason for buying them was they do tiny frames (50cm top tube) and as they were to be ridden by small women wanted them as light as possible. Being small framed bikes they all feel ultra responsive etc and are really light, with KOM in the name( king of the mountains) you would expect them to be.
Only a slight word of warning, my daughter was a prolific racer ( injured 3 years ago no longer races may in the future though, some un-finished business as far as she is concerned) and the guy in the shop said beware the KOM air frame is fragile so maybe not ideal for crit racing, sure enough in a finish line final sprint pile up a seat stay broke. This could happen to any number of carbon frames. We took it to the bike shop to enquire whether it could be a frame fault. They contacted Kuota who said it would have to go back to Italy for inspection and if no build fault we would have to pay for it to be shipped back.
It had been in a crash so I decided just to get it fixed ( fibre HQ in Norwich, 150 quid for repair) . Could have been the bike shop telling porkies but maybe ask your local dealer if they would have to send a suspect frame back to Italy.
I have ridden the bikes and all feel a bit different, hard to compare my daughters bike as she has it set up so head down arse up. My wifes EVO is more to like my set up. I particularly like the KOM EVO as its feels stiff, and agile compared to my old BH and a dam sight lighter than my Battaglin C11.( all have ultegra groupsets)
Oh and dont have matt finshes, both carbon bikes have matt paint one black one white, matt white its a bugger to keep anywhere near clean, the gloss white on my battaglin is a lot easier.

Top Bottom