La Vuelta ciclista a España 2019 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I was just trying to work out how many quality GC riders were left!

Is he fully back up to speed now after whatever he had wrong with him (mononucleosis/glandular fever, wasn't it?)?
Yea he looked good last time I saw him.He had that epstein/barr whatever virus,the one that Cav had I think.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yea he looked good last time I saw him.He had that epstein/barr whatever virus,the one that Cav had I think.
IIRC - EB is the virus that causes the illness Mono/GF? Can't be bothered to Google it! Yes, it is!

Yikes - I don't like the sound of this... :eek:
Medical article said:
The spleen becomes swollen in up to half of people with mononucleosis. The spleen is always engorged with blood, and if it ruptures, it can cause a patient to bleed to death. Blunt trauma to the abdomen, even mild trauma, may result in splenic rupture if swollen. Patients with mono are usually advised not play sports, especially any contact sports. The spleen may also rupture spontaneously.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was just trying to work out how many quality GC riders were left!

Is he fully back up to speed now after whatever he had wrong with him (mononucleosis/glandular fever, wasn't it?)?
No Froome, Thomas, Bernal, Yates, Yates, Dumoulin, Bardet, Pinot, (Alaphillipe), Landa, but there's enough to make it interesting and maybe more interesting and unpredictable.
Kruijswijk, Quintana, Pogacar, Roglic. Carapaz, Uran, Majka, Lopez plus some other wildcards.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cav is in the DD line-up according to procyclingstats. He's going to struggle, with traditionally not many sprints, and I may be wrong, but I seem to recall there are 8 mtn top finishes?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Sounds boring before it even starts. Not been a good year for pro cycling.at least the men's. The women seem to be upping there game. Have really enjoyed them this year.

Adam4868

Guru
Cav is in the DD line-up according to procyclingstats. He's going to struggle, with traditionally not many sprints, and I may be wrong, but I seem to recall there are 8 mtn top finishes?
Yes 8 uphil finishes.Id take a guess at 5/6 possible sprint stages for Cav to try ? Be nice for.him to be in the mix.

Adam4868

Guru
Sounds boring before it even starts. Not been a good year for pro cycling.at least the men's. The women seem to be upping there game. Have really enjoyed them this year.
You didn't enjoy the Tour ? I must be easily pleased...although the Giro was sh1te I'll give you that.

No Froome, Thomas, Bernal, Yates, Yates, Dumoulin, Bardet, Pinot, (Alaphillipe), Landa, but there's enough to make it interesting and maybe more interesting and unpredictable.
Kruijswijk, Quintana, Pogacar, Roglic. Carapaz, Uran, Majka, Lopez plus some other wildcards.
Talk it up a bit more, rich, you've nearly made it sound like it might be exciting.

I don't reckon the Vuelta organisers are going to be overly pleased with this years line up.

Adam4868

Guru
If we think it's going to be sh1te like Derick and Cracks anything else is a bonus !
Three week grand tour sounds good to me at the moment.

Adam4868

Guru
On a positive note....I'm trying ! Not seen Ineos team yet but I'm fancying TGH as a outside bet ? Sosa leader ?
Lotto look to have a strong enough team to challenge,will Roglic end up leader ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
On a positive note....I'm trying ! Not seen Ineos team yet but I'm fancying TGH as a outside bet ? Sosa leader ?
Lotto look to have a strong enough team to challenge,will Roglic end up leader ?
Sosa winning the Vuelta a Burgos puts him in prime position to be team leader.
I suspect Roglic will be Lotto's leader too.

Top Bottom