La Vuelta SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Just to make it clear I think Roglic and his team were worthy winners.Im not sure I could of stomached him losing again by a second or so.I have some heart ! Forget Movistar tactics there to hard to get your head round on a Sunday morning.But Carapaz lost this Vuelta because of his team,just weren't strong enough to help him.What he did on his own was a brave effort and a deserved second place.Great third for Carthy aswell !
All three races have been good...what to watch now ☹️

Eziemnaik

Über Member
The poisonous influence of time trials illustrated! TTs are to racing what Zwift is to touring.

Some great stages this tour but wrong GC winner.
Dunno
Carapaz shouldn't have waited untill last climb
It is complicated:laugh:

If Ineos brought someone else apart from Amador...
If Movistar didn't have an axe to grind...
If Roglic wasn't smart enough to fight for scrappy seconds...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The poisonous influence of time trials illustrated! TTs are to racing what Zwift is to touring.

Some great stages this tour but wrong GC winner.
I disagree. I don't think every grand tour should be decided by who can ride up mountains the quickest. There's more to being a great cyclist than that

I'm very much in favour of having longer, flat TTs as it levels the playing field and gives someone other than an anorexic the chance to win the overall

I like this wacky bridge on todays stage....

Ackerman takes it :bicycle::bicycle:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru

Emotional day for me...have had to have a medicinal beer for the great man !
Him and Dan next year 😁
Rui Oliveira....
Last days I asked him I if could have a number signed from him, today he present me that ! Such a classy guy I follow and admire for a long time and doing my first grand with him racing as well is special and even more with this gift. Thank you @chrisfroome 😊🙏

Last edited:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I like a team TT, when a team works together it really is a joy to watch.
Not keen on a processional last day, the Giro's final day TT keeps the thing going to the last.

The lack of a processional last day deprived Tao from being able to ride a stage in pink, though. Probably a good idea in COVID times, but if I was a rider, I would want the chance of a last day in the leader's jersey riding through the crowds and soaking in the experience without having to fret about loosing seconds.

Top Bottom