Labyrinthitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
have been feeling a bit strange for a few days, and finally went to the doc.

i have been diagnosed as having labyrinthitis . google has give me info on what it is but the durations i am not liking sound of. does anybody have any info? am annoyed that it means no cycling even though i feel no symptoms when cycling.

Lee_M

Guru
Friend of mine had it, but don't think it lasted more than a couple of weeks until he got his balance and coordination back. Bit shoot not being able to ride, but better than falling off at the green man roundabout

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Mrs B gets its at least once a year:sad:

She takes cinnarizine and its off to bed for 3-5days until the infection clears. She looks awful and can be quite dependent on us when a bad bout strikes, but always comes good

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i had it once - bloody horrible . felt fine if i laid still but as soon as i stood up or moved me head i was all over the place xx( hopefully never again ! from what i remember it lasted about a week

The Jogger

Legendary Member
We've had people in work who have had it, if they come in to work we have to restrict them from safety critical duties for reasons you will now no doubt will understand . Some are clear of symptoms within days, some months. Good luck with it and take care.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
We've had people in work who have had it, if they come in to work we have to restrict them from safety critical duties for reasons you will now no doubt will understand . Some are clear of symptoms within days, some months. Good luck with it and take care.

work is going to be fun today. will visit safety advisor first and he might send me home. i can do most of my job from a desk though, although it does feellike i have a really bad hangover

Dave7

Legendary Member
I did some research for my Sis-in-Law when she had it. Symptons can vary greatly re severity & duration. Some people can get it (or repeat doses) for life whereas others have minor doses and never get repeats.
It (apparently) can't be passed on.....it just sort of floats around and picks people at random.
It sounds a horrible thing and you have my sympathy.

400bhp

Guru
I've had it-utterly horrible. I staggered home(drunk like) on the tram from work when I wasn't sure what it was-promptly sick as soon as I walked in the house.

I think I was quite lucky but the really bad episode cleared up after 24 hours (literally couldn't get up in bed without feeling heavily nauseaus) and it disappeared totally after a week or so IIRC.

My wife had it bad too - worse than me and longer.

IIRC there's a good exercise to do - involves lying down, twisting your head and getting up sharply. It helps.

Top Bottom