Lack of enthusiasm .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve broughton

I come home from work with the best intentions of going for a ride but more often than not collapse in the chair worn out after a days work, on the days I do go out I still feel tired but feel fine after the ride am i alone in this? Its been a beautiful day but just could not be arsed to go out.

Pauluk

Its easy to succumb to the chair and just watch telly. The less you do the less you want to do. You have to force yourself to go out and do something. Once you do, you'll feel much better for it. You know that already so just force yourself over that first hurdle.

I don't have to be arsed to do it because fortunately I get to commute most days on my bike, but I know that feeling.

OP
OP
S

steve broughton

[quote="Sittingduck, post: 2020359, member: 2761" Any way to get any cycling into the journey to work?[/quote]

No thats impossible I'm a volunteer Coastguard rescue officer and am on call 24/7 and have loads of kit to cart about. ^_^

Peteaud

Veteran
My view, dont force yourself.

I work silly shift hours and dont want to go out after 12 hours straight work. Thats what weekends are for.

I try and 99% of the time acheivfe a weekend ride that i really enjoy.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's not uncommon.
What makes a difference is either a riding buddy or joining a club, then you have something to get out and ride for.

screenman

Legendary Member
Steve the best idea is just go out and ride all them big hills around your way.^_^

For me the way to make sure I get back and have a ride after spending the day working say in somewhere like Boston is too lay all the kit out before I leave for work, that way I feel guilty if i do not use it.

Sandra6

Veteran
Some days I just cba, but if I force myself out on the bike I generally feel better for it.
If I'm genuinely tired - like after work for example - I don't go because I know I will be truly knackered after.

Doseone

Guru
Some days I just cba, but if I force myself out on the bike I generally feel better for it.
^ This.

I'm sitting here wondering why the hell I didn't go out for a ride tonight. It was a fantastic evening, I had no excuses.

I'm also wondering if I burn more calories by being on a cycling forum than say a chocolate forum?

annaspanna

We all have that feeling some of the time, don't stress.

I find saying " I'll just go out for 10 mins cause that's better than nothing" helps to get me out the door... Once you're out, it's a different story ;-)

Top Bottom