Lacrosse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
Played it when I was younger, great game! Good to watch as well.

'Never played it, never seen it, so it must be shoot!' :tongue:

Actually it is a very exciting and physical game: makes hurling look like tiddlywinks! ;) I saw some being played in both Canada and the USA on various occasions.

I had a trial at uni, but there were too many Americans there who were far too good and they weren't too impressed with the lack of skills shown by the British and European contingent. Played floor ball instead!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
They got beat but Our Joe did score one of their goals - if that's what they're called ;)

Fast and furious indeed. Only one player had to be carried off and it was played in a good spirit, after getting whacked round the head they'd shake hands.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
He made the Welsh squad for the World Cup Championship being held in M/C and we saw him get some time on the pitch in a nineteen nil win over Austria this afternoon. Youngest player in the squad he is too.
He hit the bar and otherwise played well. Well done Joe.

It's still a loopy sport.

If anyone wants to turn up and watch any matches on the main pitch for free there's a couple of vantage points with good views. Finishes next sat night with a guesstimated USA v Canada final.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
And apparently the mens and womens game have different rules which struck me as odd.

Top Bottom