Ladies bike for a Male

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vigomag

Über Member
HI

As a short a++e male was wondering if a ladies road bike would be an option to look for, anyone got any ideas as to wether its a good idea, bar maybe having to change the saddle?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

vickster

Legendary Member
How short are you - 5'0 or shorter?? Men's bikes also come in small frame sizes - Specialized Allez for example start at a 48cm frame. It won't just be the saddle, unless you also have longer legs relative to your torso, narrow shoulders and small hands among other differences in anatomy to the typical male

You'll get much more choice in small men's road frames than women's road frames and some will argue that you'll get a better specced bike for your money (I am assuming you are after a road bike?) - you may also not be much enamoured of some of WSD colour schemes

Chris Norton

A lot depends on HOW you are short. Seems odd I know, but I am particulary short in the leg but actually long in the torso making a bike fit a bit tricky as you can imagine. However, a good bike shop will help. I have a 17.5 inch frame with extended stem and seat post to make it fit my torso length. Bikes a trek 7.2 fx. No need for a ladies bike as mens frames can go even smaller than this. The bigger question to me is do you have a problem getting onto a mans bike as opposed to a step through ladies which would be far easier for a rider with some joint issues.

Top Bottom