Ladies Cycling Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

little miss

I recently bought a new road bike and have been having discomfort 'down below' ! I've changed the saddle and now have quite a comfy sofa to sit on, but still feel that I need a little extra cushioning.

I'm currently wearing Womens Terry Precision cycling shorts which are many years old. I guess that advances have been made to improve shorts since I bought these and a new pair would help?

Any ideas on what shorts to go for? A website link would be very helpful.

Thanks

Tynan

Veteran
wiggle are good people

suspect cycle shorts don't age well

usual advice is not to have a soft saddle it leads to too much movement, good pad and a firm seat

that and getting used to it

Tynan

Veteran
clearly I know nothing about ladies shorts so I know nothing about those, but wiggle are a good online retailer, there are others, chainreactioncyles um and some others, I think there's a thread in reviews where people tip online cycle retailers

if you;re adventurous bib shorts tend to be more comfortable and athletic, you will look more serious and hard core though and be obliged to go quicker than people in regular shorts

don;t forget to think about the saddle, a good pair of shorts and a conditioned arse should be padding enough barring some token softness from the seat

it does depend upon your riding style though, best of luck

rich p

ridiculous old lush
little miss said:
I recently bought a new road bike and have been having discomfort 'down below' ! I've changed the saddle and now have quite a comfy sofa to sit on, but still feel that I need a little extra cushioning.

I'm currently wearing Womens Terry Precision cycling shorts which are many years old. I guess that advances have been made to improve shorts since I bought these and a new pair would help?

Any ideas on what shorts to go for? A website link would be very helpful.

Thanks

Mrs rich p wears this make and likes them

http://www.corinnedennis.co.uk/shorts.html

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you for that link Rich P. At last someone who makes shorts in er um generous :smile::blush::rolleyes: sizes. If cycling is supposed to help you loose weight and get fit, surely they should make shorts in larger sizes. :smile: Then (larger) cyclists could get smaller :becool:.

The site also tells me where I can purchase them locally.

Top Bottom