Ladies Jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yazzoo

They seem to fall in to two camps: Super Boring or Super Expensive

Anyone have any recommendations that aren't in one of the above?

My current jerseys I've got are from spesh, aldi, dhb and altura but they're all rather dull!

vickster

Legendary Member
How much do you want to spend?

Stolen goat http://stolengoat.com/product-category/clothing/jerseys/
and minx girl http://www.minx-girl.com/jerseys/c55
have some really good designs in good quality kit :smile:

I recently got this, just need to lose some weight as it's a tad snug but love the design and leapt on it at half price!

http://www.minx-girl.com/twin-six-the-detour-jersey/p1451

Some of the new dhb blok stuff is colourful

Majola and also DannyShane stuff different

CS have a good range http://www.cyclesurgery.com/jerseys/womens/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

thanks will have a good look, I like the Morvelo stuff and some of the Castelli gear but it seems so expensive for what it is!

How's the quality on the Minx stuff? Nice site, lots of options thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Quality of the Twin sic is certainly on a par with altura or pearl izumi

I can't comment on Castelli or Morvelo really as their women's kit doesn't fit me :blush:

Exteondo (sp) is also good kit, but again, their sizing is a joke (or I'm just very fat)

I personally wouldn't spend more than £50 on a jersey (maybe £60 if perfect), so I seek out more expensive stuff that has been reduced usually (my size can work in favour as it tends to be the larger sizes left in clearance if they exist in the first place)

If you like the brands, Sigma have quite a few reductions on older models now http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/clothing#,p:1,c:Clothing > Jerseys > Short Sleeve,g:Womens

If you like colourful have you had a look at Foska or Scimitar?

Quality will vary by brand but Debbie who runs minx-girl is pretty fussy - doesn't buy in stock she (or her friends) haven't tested thoroughly. Her personal experience shines through the descriptions she writes for each item.

Another retailer (online but now with a shop in Oxfordshire) is velovixen. Lovely team of people there. Primal looks like an interesting brand. I've seen Primal jerseys at bike shows - seems top notch.

Another really nice brand is Road Holland. The cut of their jersey and jackets seems to make more allowance for boobage than many brands. I order directly from the US whenever they have a good sale on. :okay:

If you insist on good quality (as you should!) but budget is a concern, join SportPursuit the flash sale people. I think you still need an invite/referral to join the site - I'd be happy to do that if you're interest.
Personally, I'm a Smartwool and Vulpine girl. :wub:

I can't comment on Castelli or Morvelo really as their women's kit doesn't fit me :blush:

Exteondo (sp) is also good kit, but again, their sizing is a joke (or I'm just very fat)
Me neither. Unless you're flat chested with a narrow ribcage/torso, avoid anything that says "Italian cut". Italians apparently don't let their curvy women cycle. :wacko:

If you've got a bit more shape on top but are still relatively pear-shaped, then Rapha may work for you and is revered for a reason -- just keep your eyes peeled for one of their sales.

vickster

Legendary Member
Rapha is an even bigger joke in their women's kit. I'm not busty but I am tall, broad shouldered and pear shaped (and wobbly in places) :blush:

Sportpursuit is a reasonable shout but you have to wait ages for delivery, can't try anything on and no free returns. Wiggle and Sigma are best for free Collect+ returns. Also, CRC, but I don't think their clothing ranges are much cop

Oooh, and if you like a bit of personality and are cycle-dress curious.... Nuu-Muu!! I have 3 of their products, love them to bits. Again, it means ordering directly from the US as no distributors in the UK.

Hey, if anyone wants to put together a group order for Nuu-Muu or Road Holland the next time there's a sale on, I could get it all delivered to my sister's house and re-directed to (cough) avoid the import charges.

Rapha is an even bigger joke in their women's kit. I'm not busty but I am tall, broad shouldered and pear shaped (and wobbly in places) :blush:
Fair enough. Their shorts and 3/4 tights are in a league of their own though - heaven.

Maybe but not if you are over a size 14! I get on well with Gore and Sportful from Sigma's clearance, most of their customers obviously aren't an XXL :blush:
I'm a 14/16, wear Rapha size L shorts. :whistle:
I've not tried Sportful -- personally I think they're really boring. I do wear Gore though - pretty much anything except their jerseys, also :tired:. I've got probably 4 Gore jackets and 4 pair of padded liner shorts that you can wear underneath anything. :okay:

There's also Pearl Izumi and Sugoi. I've had good stuff from both. Pearl Izumi are widely available, Sugoi less so but I think Velovixen carry them.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I've got PI stuff and some Sugoi winter tights. I think Wiggle sell Sugoi, as well as CS

Gore top half stuff again comes up skimpy!

I've got 3 pairs of shorts that I've not worn yet so I'm ok for a year or two (I tend to buy when I see in the sale)!

Your cycling kit storage must be more overflowing than mine :laugh:

I've got 3 pairs of shorts that I've not worn yet so I'm ok for a year or two (I tend to buy when I see in the sale)!
I don't have any trouble finding shorts that fit (now, shorts that are actually comfortable is another story!).
It's jerseys I stockpile, as I'm quite top-heavy (big boobs but narrow shoulders) and shopping for tops is a bit of a nightmare.
Your cycling kit storage must be more overflowing than mine :laugh:

Funny you should say that.... I've got several bags' full to get rid of, was wishing there was an active sale/swap area on CC like there is on TE in the US. :whistle:

Top Bottom