Ladies LEJOG record attempt.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The women's record will take some beating. Good luck to her.
I was in a discussion a few weeks ago about the best route through Exeter, though I didn't know who was making the attempt then.

Slick

Guru
Definitely going to be tough going, but good luck to her, she certainly seems like she can give it a good go.

OP
OP
snorri

snorri

Legendary Member
Some doubts as to what was going on, the Tracker failed at Kingussie but an alternative tracker was energised in the support vehicle. As it was a fine morning I cycled out to my road end to watch her pass, a streak of blue and white in the morning sun:smile:.

Slick

Guru
Some doubts as to what was going on, the Tracker failed at Kingussie but an alternative tracker was energised in the support vehicle. As it was a fine morning I cycled out to my road end to watch her pass, a streak of blue and white in the morning sun:smile:.

Good on you for giving her a bit of support. :thumbsup:

Any more news?

Slick

Guru
I can't believe she has done that in 2 days. I would need 2 weeks and a holiday after it.

OP
OP
snorri

snorri

Legendary Member
Any more news?
She had fallen a bit behind overnight due to cold and tiredness and was about 30 mins behind schedule at the Dornoch Firth Bridge but still in contention. By the time she reached Helmsdale, with two big hills ahead a record was no longer within her grasp but she carried on anyway to reach John O'Groats later in the day, after 2 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes 52 secs

I can't believe she has done that in 2 days. I would need 2 weeks and a holiday after it.
Yes, it took me 18 days, but I was a bit older than her:rolleyes:.

I needed a wee sleep today after getting up at 05.15 to watch her pass my road end:biggrin:.

Slick

Guru
No comfort to her I suppose but is still an amazing effort, good on her.

I hope you enjoyed your doss after your own efforts. ^_^

Top Bottom