Ladies opinions sought please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am trying to source a suitable cycle helmet for Mrs Browser as she has grudgingly consented to let me buy her one after being nagged by her sister-in-law, nephew and children (me nagging is pointless as I am only her husband so don't count :blush:)
She is not a cyclist, in that she uses her bike to get to work (1/2 a mile away), for odd rides out with me and the kids and when we go on holiday so she isn't a Tour wannabee. I also don't want to get her a 'nice, commutery-looking' lid as that's what she had before, complained bitterly that it made her look stupid and when it eventually sustained accidental drop damage was not replaced.
So, something sytlish (if that's possible), comfortable and as lightweight as possible, anybody got any ideas?

vickster

Legendary Member
The ladies version of the Specialized Echelon?

lulubel

Über Member
Stylish and comfortable are very much personal things, so it's difficult to give advice. What does she consider stylish? Road/MTB/something else?

I've just taken the plunge and spent £90 on a 2011 Specialized S-Works to replace my £30 Giro MTB helmet, and the difference is everything I hoped it would be. It's lightweight, well ventilated, it looks good (in my opinion), and it's so comfy I hardly know I'm wearing it.

Alun

Guru
Google cycling helmet images for an idea of what's available, and get Mrs Browser to draw up a shortlist and get her to try on the most stylish ones. Fit and comfort are important as well as stylishness.:whistle:

Being a married man I am aware that a new dress, hat, shoes , handbag and accessories are a set that cannot be in any way compromised.

Suggesting that the handbag bought last year is the same colour and might match is about as safe as forgetting your wedding anniversary!

Buy one and you have to get the rest!

If she buys a helmet, will she then need a matching pair of shorts, top, bike, panniers etc?

With the Yakkay you can just change the cover ;)

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Being a married man I am aware that a new dress, hat, shoes , handbag and accessories are a set that cannot be in any way compromised.

Suggesting that the handbag bought last year is the same colour and might match is about as safe as forgetting your wedding anniversary!

Buy one and you have to get the rest!

If she buys a helmet, will she then need a matching pair of shorts, top, bike, panniers etc?

YES!

lordloveaduck

Just easier to google women's cycling helmets and let her look at the images. No need for all this drama.
It's not like she will be looking at it while she's riding.

JRob

I initially looked for one that matched my bike's colour, and then filtered out the ones I liked the most.

I eventually bought a (cheaper) version of the Team Sky helmet (Kask) because it looked the coolest, and I get loads of complimentary comments.

On the practical side it's really comfortable and is a really good fit.

RaRa

Make sure she tries it on - nothing sillier than a helmet thats too small perched on top of your head!

Top Bottom