Ladybower 22-06-08

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, four of us met up today, despite the weather forecasts, it remained dry, if a tad windy (understatement of the year)

Longers and I met at Mottram Moor, then headed down to Glossop for the climb of the Snake. Was a fair old slog in places as the wind was picking up, and the descent to Ladybower wasn't fast at all.

Got to Fairholmes on time and had a short wait until Bonj (on a MTB) and Marinyork (on his hybrid) appeared.

We then went off on a the tarmac path round the lakes - there is about 5 miles of tarmac from Fairholmes, then becomes a path. We were in two minds about wether to take the roadies on the path, until we saw two other roadies arrive - asked them if it was rideable - nope, the MTB's would be OK.

So I chickened out, and we rode back. Longers bought us all a cuppa (cheers) and had a chat fo a bit, until Longers and I decided to head back - think Bonj and Marinyork were going to do a bit of rough stuff....

Coming back over the Snake was 'interesting' - howling headwind where you daren't even take one hand off the bars.

Was good to put some faces to names, good bunch of folk...

a couple of pics attached (sorry phone cam)

Left to Right - Longers, Marinyork, Bonj and me)

DSC00168a.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

longers

Legendary Member
Aye, a good trip out. Always nice to meet nice people :?:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Thanks guys, had a good day out ;). Had a car assist to ladybower (thanks bonj and that's a cool bike carrier worrying busybodies aside). Cycled the 2.5 miles to meet Longer and Fossyant. The CC jerseys do seem to stand out. How fossyant and longers got there in an hour and a half is beyond me, although it was pleasant there were some fairly crazy gusts. Bonj and I went for a cycle south down some roughish bridleway for a short while and then went through Hope, Bamford and back upto Ladybower. Google earth reckons we did about 22 miles in total. My rechargable batteries decided to discharge before I arrived so fossyant stepped in with his camera and one of the many cyclists going past obliged to take a windswept photo before fossyant's very nice bike and the rest of us went for a journey into the lake. Shame was thinking of the reservoir could have been used as a large manmade structure in the photo competition. Thanks for the tea longers. Dayvo I had long sleaves on as I'm not so keen on the wind.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Plus we were the only two roadies sat outside the information centre !!!

Deffo plan to bring the family up for a cycle - no traffic, and a good 5 miles (10 miles return) of tarmac - great for picnics !

bonj2

the bit known as slippery stones is great for picnics, it's got a massive flat grassy bank next to a river, and a pool that you can swim in (we saw kids swimming in it the other weekend when a few of us went!)

yenrod

Nice to hear of a good day lads !

What I wanna know is did Fossy get bored with everyone so he threw everyone in the lake and took the last pic. for good measure ! :blush:

;) always thought Bonj was based further south...

yenrod

fossyant said:
Nope Bonj is real - he's nice lad actually - think he just likes to wind people up and see who BITES :smile: :biggrin:;)

He's never wound me up - though i look on in glee that he actually managed to do it ! especially with some of the stalworts on here

Top Bottom