Lager

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Supermarket p!ss, have you got no taste?

I have just got back from my 'supplier' :cheers:

View attachment 88079

Is that 8 Cases for £5..... Seems expensive for that gnats piss. :smile:

Personally I think I'll pass. TBH I don't drink much beer these days and when I do I stick to the brown sort rather than yellow.

AndyRM

XOXO
my brother's an 'ale' man and always has an extended moan every time i buy myself a lager... lager drinkers have better things to talk about.

3940416669_c60dc6a98e_o.jpg

Attachments

• 3940416669_c60dc6a98e_o.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3940416669_c60dc6a98e_o.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 11

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've never seen that before, is it sold in supermarkets? I agree the regular stuff is well marketed crap. Aldi sell a decent strong German lager called Steinhauser, it is way better than the more expensive mainstream brands that are sold in the major supermarkets (Stella, Kronenberg, Carlsberg Export etc).
I've never seen the Belgian stuff in supermarkets. You can usually only get it in cut price off licences and corner shops here in west London. I'll post a photo of the can later today.

I like un-fined craft beers. I like my pint to taste pretty, not look pretty, and not contain traces of fish guts and (insert other artificial fine-ing agents). I'm fortunate to live right near a very nice micro brewery / pub, which has been built in a gorgeous grade one listed building. I'm working my way through their various brews, but taking my time.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Just get supermarket own brand "basics" lager.

I mean lets face it, if you're going to drink fizzy pisswater, it might as well be cheap fizzy pisswater.
I thought Fizzy Pisswater was one of Bertie Wooster's school chums.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Belgian Stella.jpg
I've never seen that before, is it sold in supermarkets? I agree the regular stuff is well marketed crap. Aldi sell a decent strong German lager called Steinhauser, it is way better than the more expensive mainstream brands that are sold in the major supermarkets (Stella, Kronenberg, Carlsberg Export etc).
The cans look almost identical to the ones containing the wee they brew in Wales which is utterly vile. The difference is that the Belgian stuff has "beer" translated into nine languages round the top of the can as well as all sorts of multilingual words on the side of the can. The yellow stuff inside is altogether superior.

BTW, I fully appreciate that the "sandal and socks" brown beer bores who linger around here will dispute this.... :whistle:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
View attachment 88150
The cans look almost identical to the ones containing the wee they brew in Wales which is utterly vile. The difference is that the Belgian stuff has "beer" translated into nine languages round the top of the can as well as all sorts of multilingual words on the side of the can. The yellow stuff inside is altogether superior.

BTW, I fully appreciate that the "sandal and socks" brown beer bores who linger around here will dispute this.... :whistle:

Horses for courses old pal, anyway it would be rude to make comment on that waz you're drinking. At least you're drinking it from a glas and not from the tin like a commoner.

FWIW, if I'm away I'll usually go for whatever the local brew is and abroad, more often than not, that means the yellow stuff.

Last week I was in Edinburgh and went to 'the oldest pub' in town, disappointing selection of beer but they did have a lager from Harviestoun called Schiehallion, it was actually pretty good. Needs must when the devil drives and all that.

image.jpg

Sheers!

Last edited:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
View attachment 88150

Cheers mate, I;ll keep a look out for that. I'd never of thought to look out for the languages. Your right the Wales stuff is crap.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Whatever happened to Oranjeboom lager? It was pretty big back in the 80's.

I used to enjoy the thrill of going into a pub and saying "Pint of 'boom, please mate".
Sheppard Neame own the uk rights, you can buy it in most of their pubs, but these are mainly found in Kent.

Top Bottom