Lake Meadows charity ride Sunday 14th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Got any internet links Rabbit? I can't find anything.

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

i been looking to cant find a bloody thing, ment to be a 20 mile, 40, a 60 and a 100 mile ride, but my misses doing the race for life in the afternoon so i cant do the long ones.

ill keep looking

how is the spreadbetting going?

Domestique

Über Member
This is a good ride. We have done the 40 mile for the last two years.
There are some really nice lanes around Billericay :wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
Lake meadows near billericay?

I used to go fishing there when I was ten odd

that is all

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Domestique said:
This is a good ride. We have done the 40 mile for the last two years.
There are some really nice lanes around Billericay :ohmy:

Yes there are (mouseketeers 2am sat night hunting for food:ohmy:) as we experienced on the ride back from manningtree.

ChrisKH

Guru
RabbitFood said:

Thanks. Wife said we have something on, so can't do it unfortunately. Nice to see there is a charity for male cancer. Whilst not actively searching for one, I've always thought there needed to be a comparable one to the ladies ones that exist (Breast cancer etc.). I always get a perplexed and confused look from organisers, etc. when I point out that their pamphlets are wrong and should include 'men' as being beneficiaries of their research since 1 in a 100 cases of breast cancer are male. But I think they think i'm just being awkward. Which I probably am.

Nevertheless, am planning to do the Breast cancer ride on Foulness Island in September. Much shorter ride but it's a good length for my nine year old. See
http://www.thorpebayrotaryclub.org.uk/bike/Entry_form_2009_Final.pdf

And Spreadbetting? Lost me there.

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

sorry chris got you confued with someone else, dont be offended i oftern forget who my missis is and thats even worse lol.

yer looks good ill join up for that other ride looks good to me

shame yo cant make sunday, let me know when your wife lets you out again hehehehhehehehehe

Shrimp_Stu

I've registered for the 40 mile route - shall be riding on my lonesome ownsome due to withdrawal of a couple of friends.
I'm planning on either getting the train to Billericay from Hockley (due to engineering works from Southend Vic to Hockley) or train from Shoebury to Basildon and then cycle across.
40 mile route scheduled start time is between 9-10am and I aim to get to Lake Meadows close to 9am.

(Interested in the Foulness rotary club ride as well for Bosom Pals.....and dont forgot to the annual Leukaemia Research bikeathon on Sunday 6th September - 15th year - either a 15 or 30 mile route)

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

I will be getting the train to Bill from wickford so happy to meet you at the station just before 9 if you like, im not a fast rider tho and very new ill prob do the 4 miles in around 3 hours at about an average f 13 mph.

I sent you a pm get back to me if you want to do it together.

Rabbit

Shrimp_Stu

Sorry John, left you a PM late last night but guess you never saw it.

Ride was good apart from some confusion on the 40 mile route so ended up doing 50 miles in the end in 3 hours dead, average at 16.67mph. Nice ride in all and met some good people on the way inluding some chap from Upminster on a Specialized out on his Sunday ride.
Plenty of cyclists out today in the area, Orchid, Southend Wheelers and a time trial.

Heres to next year....

Top Bottom