Lance Armstrong interview airings & discussions.

Will you be watching the Lance Armstrong TV interview?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
Today I find myself in two minds on the issue; the voice on one shoulder is manically urging me to soak up every second, staring wide eyed at all the gory details ... whilst the sensible side doesn't feel quite right about it, it's like there's something a bit grubby and undignified about going out your way to watch two 1.5 hr sessions of Oprah and Lance dabbing tears from eyes.

What do you think?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
got it setup on sky+ will watch if I am still awake

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Only problem I am gong to have is avoiding forums + news items + FB + Twitter + TV News until 8pm Friday Night so I can watch it without any spoilers.

raindog

er.....
I'll just read a short review of the essential elements. No bloody way am I watching that.

thom

____
Seems appropriate this time of year, pantomime season. I suppose he will seek to shift blame on to "the system", UCI, sponsors, anyone he can try to drag down into the mire with him. And Oprah will maybe forgive him. So that will be alright, then.
Likely true but if in doing so he does reveal facts of UCI corruption and similar, that would be pretty important for cycling's future would it not ? Particularly in light of WADA/USADA's non participation in the UCI's "independent" review.

Gary E

Veteran
I'll catch the headlines in the news.
But to be honest I think he's only doing it to get some measure of forgiveness in a relatively safe (non cycling anyway) environment.
I wonder if he'd be so keen to give the interview if the show had a few more guest cyclists on, say Wiggo or Cav or maybe some of those that finished second to him and didn't get the rewards he did.
Too little, too late in my humble opinion.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Likely true but if in doing so he does reveal facts of UCI corruption and similar, that would be pretty important for cycling's future would it not ? Particularly in light of WADA/USADA's non participation in the UCI's "independent" review.
Thom, his interview has not a single thing to do with cycling's future.

Every second of it is about one thing and one thing only...

...Lance Armstrong's future...

..which is what everything in his life to date has always been about. And always will be.

thom

____
Thom, his interview has not a single thing to do with cycling's future.

Every second of it is about one thing and one thing only...

...Lance Armstrong's future...

..which is what everything in his life to date has always been about. And always will be.
Facts are facts. Whether they come from Lance or not.
If you read some of my posts, you can see I think the whole thing stinks as a PR exercise.

But if Lance were to start providing testimony of corruption by current members of the UCI, I know everyone here would care about the implications to how cycling's future will be governed. Likewise, testimony against dodgy doctors still involved in cycling would be of undeniable importance.

Top Bottom