Lance Armstrong interview airings & discussions.

Will you be watching the Lance Armstrong TV interview?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I think WADA should be who Armstrong talks to, not UCI nor USADA. UCI are out for obvious reasons; they have no credibility. And, imo, there's too 'bad blood' (ho ho) between Tygart and Armstrong for there to be a free and frank exchange. What Armstrong may say is potentially way more important than any personal feuds he might feel he has with USADA, so let's remove any obstacles to him speaking.

Further, I'm actually inclined, somewhat surprisingly, to generally agree with Armstrong (or his legal team, whoever actually said it) that WADA are also the more appropriate body to speak to.

BJH

Über Member
And if he does get to speak to WADA directly rather than USADA he gets away with his suggestion that he has been wronged by USADA.

Shouldn't be up to him to decide, he is no longer the patron, he is just another cheat and should be dealt with by his countries control bodies.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
More smoke and mirrors IMHO. I can't see him confessing the real truth unless he was to get something substantial back.
i.e. a much-reduced sentence.
That should never happen after what he has done to the sport especially if he admits the real truth by naming names and the obvious fact that he doped again on his comeback.

just jim

Well, it seems Bradley Cooper is set to play Armstrong in film's producer JJ Abram's biopic.
Seemingly well prepared for the upcoming role, Bradley Cooper previously played Templeton "Faceman" Peck in the motion picture remake of "The A-Team".

"Suave, smooth-talking, and hugely successful with women, Peck serves as the team's con man and scrounger, able to get his hands on just about anything they need, using various disguises..."

Well, it seems Bradley Cooper is set to play Armstrong in film's producer JJ Abram's biopic.
Seemingly well prepared for the upcoming role, Bradley Cooper previously played Templeton "Faceman" Peck in the motion picture remake of "The A-Team".

"Suave, smooth-talking, and hugely successful with women, Peck serves as the team's con man and scrounger, able to get his hands on just about anything they need, using various disguises..."
He also starred in the film "Limitless" which was about a loser dead beat who took a miracle drug and overnight became a somebody!!! :laugh:

yello

I can't see him confessing the real truth unless he was to get something substantial back.

True. He'll not tell all. And certainly not under oath (thinks, does talking to WADA rather than USADA mean it's not under oath... hmmmm.... I wonder why he might prefer WADA then?)

Nah, looks like he lied in his confession. This is no reformed character (as if we ever thought he would be). He's agenda driven, I doubt we'll ever see anything we'd all call genuine remorse.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I asked about the WADA vs USADA I can only assume the meat has better potential for LA with WADA.

yello

Armstrong's arrogance and contempt for others, the indignant effort to turn tables on his accusers, charging them with vindictiveness and envy, his brutal assault on their characters and his attempts to destroy their careers -- it all describes the narcissist who feels that his ideal self-image is under siege.

An interesting read with a little background into Armstrong's upbringing

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...e-narcissism-explains-lance-armstrong/272568/

The man is engaged in damage control, saying whatever he believes necessary to retrieve some part of his public image and the chance to compete again one day. He wants to salvage a portion of the Armstrong myth, his idealized false self, and then begin to rebuild it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Very similar Crackle but the one I saw only missed the target by saying that the sociopath lacked dedication to hard work.

OP
OP
Radchenister

Radchenister

Veteran
Top Bottom