Lance Armstrong interview

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I thought he'd be keeping a low profile for, I don't know, the rest of his life.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Bit off topic but why?
I dont agree with their business model which is anti competitive to other taxi companies.
It is bank rolled by US financiers, and loses billions every year, with the sole aim of conquering the market, then it will increase prices once it is a monopoly.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I dont agree with their business model which is anti competitive to other taxi companies.
It is bank rolled by US financiers, and loses billions every year, with the sole aim of conquering the market, then it will increase prices once it is a monopoly.
That never works.

If you become a monopoly and your prices rise because of it you are merely opening the door for someone else to step in with a more competitive business model.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In the States, Uber and Lyft serve a role. I live in a medium sized city, and it can cost me more than $25 U.S. to go to work, rates being $2.50 for getting in the cab, 40 cents every 1/6th of a mile. Then there are taxes, and drivers expecting a tip as well. It has become so expensive that there have been services in place for the elderly and poor and rural residents for years just to get around this.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I never liked Armstrong when he was competing but I must admit I have a sneaking admiration for him. Fascinating character, the sort of guy I'd love to have a drink with.
In his book, he comes across as a sociopath and a bully with narcissistic personality disorder.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
At the height of his powers, if you spoke out against LA, it only ended one way. He was a bully and therefore, a complete and utter coconut. Utterly despicable in my eyes

Drago

Legendary Member
Not necessarily in the case of Mono Armstrong, but can a wrong doer not repent and reform? For all he's done he hasn't killed anyone, yet people who have (Leslie Grantham, Matthew Broderick, to name but two) seem to garner barely a raised eyebrow when they are mention.

Armstrong behaved like a Class A tool, but in the grand scheme he's barely worth a mention. Indeed, the oft repeated hate and vitriol seem to do nothing but provide the oxygen of publicity that allows his financial flame to prosper.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
You should ask Greg LeMond, Emma O`Reilly, David Walsh, Christophe Basson, Tyler Hamilton, Frankie Andreau and many more what it was like to be on the end of LA`s bully tactics, he tried to put each and everyone out of the respective business when they questioned him.

Top Bottom