Lance Armstrong to Compete in Tour of Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
kennykool said:
That is brilliant - Go on Lance.
Why's it brilliant? No one does it to the Basques waving their flags in front of the riders at the top of the alpine cols, or to Didi... Or is it "brilliant" because the guy's (apparently) an anti-doping advocate?
Check the moron using his Livestrong colours too....surely a copyright issue no?
As far as I know, other people are allowed to dress in yellow and black without infringing the LAF's copyright.

Andy Pandy

That was a cool protest, I hope he follows LA around.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
kennykool said:
Check the moron using his Livestrong colours too....surely a copyright issue no?

You'd think that Michele Ferrari would dress a little more discretely, no?

mondobongo

Über Member
Yes its a great story this a Professional Sportsman hits someone and people think its great.

Its assault first of all then you have to look at why was armstrong so annoyed that he had to lash out at this guy? Great behaviour by someone being held up as a role model.

It shows the sport of Cycling in a good light no?

mondobongo said:
Yes its a great story this a Professional Sportsman hits someone and people think its great.

Its assault first of all then you have to look at why was armstrong so annoyed that he had to lash out at this guy? Great behaviour by someone being held up as a role model.

It shows the sport of Cycling in a good light no?

Steady: Hinault laid into a whole protest. I like my sportsmen edgy ;)

maurice

I bet you were saying that when the Badger decked a load of strikers too ;)

Bit of character makes the sport interesting..

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Haven't you ever cursed at the muppets that nearly cause a catastrophe at the mountain top finishes in the big tours. The riders get visibly angry at times. This was just another incident where an over enthusiastic fan could easily have caused a big spill in the peloton if he'd tripped.

mondobongo

Über Member
rich p said:
Haven't you ever cursed at the muppets that nearly cause a catastrophe at the mountain top finishes in the big tours. The riders get visibly angry at times. This was just another incident where an over enthusiastic fan could easily have caused a big spill in the peloton if he'd tripped.

Yes frequently.

Have seen angry riders deal with fans before too close or pouring water on them.

This was an instance of I don't like what you are saying, supports the case that armstrong is not above a bit of bullying.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Le Blaireau's path was blocked though (as was the route of the whole race, tbh), which is slightly different - short of RichP's hypothesised tripping (and how is Mr Armstrong's pushing him over going to mitigate that danger?) the "Liveclean" devil wouldn't have got into, and wasn't in the path of the race so far as the available video and photos show.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with richp, although this guy is the only one to have been assaulted (there's at least one other sideline sprinter at the ATOC, the guy in the longhorn hat and "Texas" shirt) as far as I know. I've not seen any of the peloton exchanging blows with the flag wavers on the cols either (quite a few of whom seem to dart out of the path of the riders at the last second).

Edit: My bad, looking at Mondo's post, I can recall some water bottle squirting.

kennykool

John the Monkey said:
Why's it brilliant? No one does it to the Basques waving their flags in front of the riders at the top of the alpine cols, or to Didi... Or is it "brilliant" because the guy's (apparently) an anti-doping advocate?

As far as I know, other people are allowed to dress in yellow and black without infringing the LAF's copyright.

The copyright issue was clearly "tongue in cheek"

As for the Basques...I've never seen any of them carrying MASSIVE syringes???

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
kennykool said:
As for the Basques...I've never seen any of them carrying MASSIVE syringes???

Certainly not one for each buttock...

Other road side fans at the Tour of California;

Blimey! Hook 'Em Horns Guy could have someone's eye out with that hat! What if the pope's crozier gets stuck in someone's wheel? BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Top Bottom