Landlord/letting agency being unhelpful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
You're lucky - some landlords won't even allow people to keep bikes in their flats. Presumably it's because of the miniscule risk of chain oil getting on the carpets, wallpaper, etc. They could always take the cost of repairs out of your deposit, even if it did.
nearly there for another b'staard L/Lord thread :smile:

Reactions: 4F
Take the front wheel off? It's easy enough with a QR skewer.
£2,500 expedition bike (off road touring bike) - does not have QR skewer! also dynamo hub and therefore contacts which have to be taken into account, hence reluctance to remove front wheel as solution... not a problem for the p* fairy on either bike - not actually had any in 14,000km (8,700 miles each) of touring, so +17,000miles between us.

I keep my bike in my flat after someone stole some (minor) bits out of my saddle bag - cheap metal spanner and cheap multiool - they left the puncture repair kit and bag though, it was almost annoying knowing they'd cherry picked what they needed!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I live in a rented flat that is 2 flight of stairs from the ground floor. I thought I would ask the letting agency if I could house a bike in the stairwell cupboard on the ground floor. Answer was a flat no. Outcome now being I will have to hoik any cycle up over 40 steps....and keep it in my flat. My cycling designs are quickly becoming a pipe dream. Or maybe keep a folding bike in boot of my car is the answer!!

There are some pretty good folding bikes on the market. You could keep[ it in the car as you say or If you put it in its bag theres no chance of oil damage to carpets etc when lugging it into the flat.

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
Decision made...........I am looking for a road bike that is light enough to carry up and down 40 stairs before and after use. I have a dodgy lower back, so a hybrid has been suggested to me by mad Nige, the cycling crazy colleague from work. Any and all advice will be gratefully received. Oh yes.............my top whack on price is 300 quid.

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
Snapped up a second hand Claud Butler Urban 100. And the girl downstairs says I can put it in her back passage!

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
I'm only a newbie....so what do I know about bikes? Any way...the bike seems ok...had a cheeky 10 miles tonight and bike and rider seems ok. And the girl downstairs appears to be quite friendly.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'm only a newbie....so what do I know about bikes? Any way...the bike seems ok...had a cheeky 10 miles tonight and bike and rider seems ok. And the girl downstairs appears to be quite friendly.

You don't say... she gave you a free pass to her back passage, you don't get much friendlier than that!

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
But she is charging me a tenner a week. Saves me hoiking bike up stairs for the price of 4 (watered down) pints of Teesside lager a week. And I'm teetotal as well.

Top Bottom