Language boo boos !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I did a google translate before i rang the delivery people to ask where was my delivery !!!
I have just discovered that i said " i am waiting for my childbirth" no wonder they were confused
although not as bad as when i lived in Greece ans asked the guy in the petrol statipn to ''f*k me" instead of 'fill up'('the car) :headshake:

colly

Re member eR
Fill me up.. hahaha

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
although not as bad as when i lived in Greece ans asked the guy in the petrol statipn to ''f*k me" instead of 'fill up'('the car) :headshake:

At a lonely French petrol station I filled the car then asked the attendant for the takings instead of the receipt. Even once I realised the mistake and corrected myself he still gave me a look of fear with a nervous laugh.

GC

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
I meant to say to a flower seller when I lived in Amsterdam, "Ik heb een stuiver voor u" (I have 5cents for you) instead I managed "Ik heb een stijfje voor u" and he gave me a filthy look: when I said to someone I couldnt understand why he'd done this, it was gently explained that I'd said I had a hard-on for him.

Finnjävel

There are a lot of Swedish-speaking Finns. Some of them speak Finnish very poorly or not at all. My friends mother is one of them. She had a shop in a Swedish-speaking area and there were very little Finnish-speaking customers.

But one day, a man walks in and asks for juice in Finnish. "What kind", asks the friendly lady also in Finnish, "we have apple juice and some pu××y juice." After a long pause, the man asks for apple juice, please.

"Pilli" means straw, but "pillu" is a low-class word for the female-specific parts. And straw juice, or pillimehu, is the handy package with the straw attached to the juice carton.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There are a lot of Swedish-speaking Finns. Some of them speak Finnish very poorly or not at all. My friends mother is one of them. She had a shop in a Swedish-speaking area and there were very little Finnish-speaking customers.

But one day, a man walks in and asks for juice in Finnish. "What kind", asks the friendly lady also in Finnish, "we have apple juice and some pu××y juice." After a long pause, the man asks for apple juice, please.

"Pilli" means straw, but "pillu" is a low-class word for the female-specific parts. And straw juice, or pillimehu, is the handy package with the straw attached to the juice carton.

I'd have asked for the latter to see what would have happened!! :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I was at uni in Grenoble, a bunch of us British students went out from time to time with a couple of French students. After the second outing and knowing that the French are fond of kissing their friends' cheeks, a girl in our group turned her face to a French guy with the words: "Tu peux me baiser si tu veux! Pourquoi tu m'as pas baisé?" which means "You can f**k me if you like, why haven't you f***ed me yet?". She meant to say kiss, and the French guy had to explain that the noun "un baiser" is indeed "a kiss" whereas the verb "baiser" means "to f**K" and the correct verb would have been "embrasser".

When I was at uni in Grenoble, a bunch of us British students went out from time to time with a couple of French students. After the second outing and knowing that the French are fond of kissing their friends' cheeks, a girl in our group turned her face to a French guy with the words: "Tu peux me baiser si tu veux! Pourquoi tu m'as pas baisé?" which means "You can f**k me if you like, why haven't you f***ed me yet?". She meant to say kiss, and the French guy had to explain that the noun "un baiser" is indeed "a kiss" whereas the verb "baiser" means "to f**K" and the correct verb would have been "embrasser".

:blush:

brodiej

Veteran
Asking for half a kilo of tenderness (ternura) instead of half a kilo of veal (ternera), from a Spanish butcher.

That's lovely though - I might ask my local English butcher for half a kilo of tenderness next time I'm there

Or my greengrocer for a punnet of caring

Top Bottom