Lantegla Forest fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

D'oh! I fed, changed and otherwise entertained my little 'un all morning so at about half 1 I decided Feck it, and I went off in search of the cycling centre at Lantegla Forest. I found it ok although I was completely knackered by the time I got there. I had had it in mind that I might find a nice pair of white grips.

Alas for me, I took my road bike up there instead of the mtb, which looked rather out of place among all the rockhoppers and FS bikes hanging around. Still, I was quite pleased to be the only roadie in the village, as it were. Frustratingly, oine cappuccino and a ciggy later, I was itching to hit the trail, but stuck with my racer all I could do was pootle off back onto the roads in the rain.

At least the ride home was dead fast though!

Stuart

dodgy

Are you talking about Llandegla?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Love it there. I also love the fact that it's owned by a commercial logging company who allow access free of charge while still maintaining their logging operation.

ChrisBD

dodgy said:
So you live quite near, but all this time you thought it was called 'Lantegla'?

Speaking as a native; and speaker of the "local lyrics" I susspect its more to do with the spelling and pronounceation, Ive heard it called all sorts of things, Llangollen too....!

Cracking place though, and the bacon butties rock!

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Well it seems the spelling and context taken together were enough for you to identify what I was talking about! lol

But, my excuse is that I haven't "lived here all this time" - I only moved to Wrexham 4 weeks ago and am not staying long either. Although finding the Llllandigla Forest place has tempted me to stay longer!

Stuart

dodgy

You've got a lot more on your doorstep than some clinical sanitised trail-centre; don't get me wrong, the cafe there is excellent, and the trails are good too for a couple of rides a year. But sometimes I get the impression that the UK MTB scene is starting to become obsessed with the trail centre.

Tarbo

Have to agree with dodgy on that one ;) Llandegla is good for a quick blast, safe in the knowledge that if you come off, you're within easy walking distance of the cafe. But you have so much on your doorstep to choose from.

If you're new to the area and are looking to get out more and try different places then try this site, there will be no going back :laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
dodgy said:
But sometimes I get the impression that the UK MTB scene is starting to totally utterly, completely and singularly become obsessed with the trail centre.

FTFY. (ime anyway)

Top Bottom