Lap the lough 26th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

Alright Soupie? I'm doing it.

OP
OP
W

wealthysoup

Forgot about this thread, I did it today. Very well organised, they even managed to organise the weather for it. First time doing this sort of distance, (longest before was 38 miles in one day). Took me just under 6 hours on the bike with an average speed just over 14.5mph

bubbles3

do any of you guys fancy a lap the lough cycle jersey? size med. I entered but felt i wasn't fit enough or had enough confidence that i could go the distance. The jersey is to big for me and i havn't earn't the right to wear it anyway. ley me know. it won't cost you anything.

^ i'll take it! if you're sure. ^_^

it was my first time doing it and had a great day. serious big thank you to the weather makers :tongue: made it all worth while. my longest distance was 60mile before so i was taking it very easy, got round in 6h 30.
although it's about enjoying it anyway not the time i guess. some lovely scenery. the last stop was amazing by the lough edge. well organised with the vans doing the puncture repairs etc
i got a puncture myself but had a spare tube so changed myself, only downside to my day. law of averages though as i haven't had one in a looong time

bubbles3

ok. cruiser31 it's yours. if you give me your details i'll post it to you. or alternatively if you live not far from ballymena i could meet you and give it to you.

Rob500

We went round at an average of 15mph. A big thanks to everyone involved in the organising and well done to all those who took part.

Rob500

Does anybody know what the distance of the actual lap was this year? I started my computer when I got on the bike at the carpark and stopped recording when I returned. It said 90 + miles. I think the actual lap may have been around 86-87.

same here, about 92miles on mine starting from carpark up the road. must have been close to 87 like you say.
fair play to all those that made it, seen a tandem and one of those lounge bikes you sit back in. lots of people with no toe clips, honestly don't know how they do it. i don't clip in but have trainers with toe clips, couldn't do without them.

looking at this causeway coast one next month now, hmmmmm

OP
OP
W

wealthysoup

According to strava it was 86.7 miles. I was looking at the causeway coast one aswell but then realised I'm on holiday then unfortunately

Top Bottom