Large road frame wanted NOW SOURCED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm after a large (approx 60cm) road bike frame, suitable for 6'5"
The cheaper the better really. It's only for used on a direct drive turbo over winter, so paintwork isn't important, it wont be seen out on the roads, just needs to be structurally sound.
Can get a new one from Ribble for £150, hopefully cheaper in Jan sales :blush: but would like something much cheaper, with rear spacing for 10/11 speed :okay:

TIA

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aha! :whistle:

I have an old Bianchi frame and fork. I paid £1,000 for it back in about 1999 but it has been sitting in my cellar for years. I normally ride 58 cm but that one felt a bit big for me so I reckon it is 60-61 cm.

You could have them for £50. If you are interested then I will take some photos for you and check the frame size. You would need to put a headset on because I pinched the old one for my Cannondale.

Isn't rear spacing standard on road bikes?

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Aha! :whistle:

I have an old Bianchi frame and fork. I paid £1,000 for it back in about 1999 but it has been sitting in my cellar for years. I normally ride 58 cm but that one felt a bit big for me so I reckon it is 60-61 cm.

You could have them for £50. If you are interested then I will take some photos for you and check the frame size. You would need to put a headset on because I pinched the old one for my Cannondale.

Isn't rear spacing standard on road bikes?

Sounds ok to me :okay: With a bit of luck the headset off my current bike will fit :blush:
Rear spacing is probably standard on 'modern' road bikes, but old 5/6/7 speeds might be a little narrow on the back end. I've got an old 70s Carlton that's currently stripped down awaiting refurb & sure that wont fit on the turbo :wacko:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
@Soltydog called round this morning to pick up the frame/fork. Nice to see you again, Paul - I hope that your turbo bike project is a success!

I will use some of the money to buy new tyres - I have a few that will need replacing fairly early in 2019.

Cheers mate, good to see you again, shame it wasn't on a ride though. Aiming to get the bits I need this week & have it on the turbo before Christmas, then I can get the winter bike off the turbo & on the road :okay: I'll post a pic up once it's sorted

Top Bottom