Lasco Chainset - Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need a 165mm chainset for my fixed so I can use it on the velodrome, money's tight but I've seen THIS.

Anyone use one? I don't want to get it and find out it's made of cheese, but on the other hand as I say my budget isn't great :sad:

Any thoughts?

[EDIT] or THIS Driveline one?

[EDIT] or THIS Ambrosio one :wacko:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I would double check with the velodrome, because they may allow other crank lengths depending on BB height etc.

If not, that looks ok, but also check stronglight.crank's. PX have in the past sold these for about £50. Other than that, Miche Primato is the way forward.

edit: Stronglight = £59.99.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Cheers Rob3rt, the Stronglight ones look good, just need to squeeze Mrs S for a little more budget. I've just been reading some pretty grim reviews of the Lasco ones TBH.

According to the spec sheet for Manchester it states, "Track bikes must have a fixed wheel, 165mm cranks, and 280mm (11") bottom bracket height".

My BB from floor to centre of BB is 11", so I'm going to need to 165's.

hgraystephens

Bought a Lasco RBR515 chainring. Terrible quality with lots of milling marks on the inside of the ring. I got it installed with a new chain at my local bike shop, used it for 2 days and the middle ring bent inward trapping the chain and destroying my front derailer. Very poor quality, would definitely not recommend.
photo (1).JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

Bought a Lasco RBR515 chainring. Terrible quality with lots of milling marks on the inside of the ring. I got it installed with a new chain at my local bike shop, used it for 2 days and the middle ring bent inward trapping the chain and destroying my front derailer. Very poor quality, would definitely not recommend.
View attachment 108266

I've used Lasco fixed/single speed chain sets in the past and they've been good, I'm curious about what caused that part of the middle ring to bend like that?

Top Bottom