Laser Printers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Any recommendations for laser printer , don’t need an all singing all dancing standalone office thing but table top size . Colour preferable ?! Curry’s do a fair selection . Are these the same in that best sticking to the brands toners or can you get away with OEM toners ? It’s for small business use .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Any recommendations for laser printer , don’t need an all singing all dancing standalone office thing but table top size . Colour preferable ?! Curry’s do a fair selection . Are these the same in that best sticking to the brands toners or can you get away with OEM toners ? It’s for small business use .

Brother are excellent and they haven't blocked the use of third party toners. HP once the stalwart of office printers have seen their reputation suffer due to nefarious practices designed to block any replacement toner but their own.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/05/hp-breaks-its-own-printers-again-with-firmware-update/
I've been using a Bfrother Colour Laser for several years, never let me down and a set of compatible toners are readilly available.
Printerland are a reputable supplier, I purchased a Brother Mono Laser from them recently. It was for my daughter who works as a Teacher, excellent bit of kit, easy to set up and printed straightaway from both Laptop and mobile phone. I was going to purchase it from John Lewis but they were temporarily out of stock. ( worth checking out JL, good prices and a 2 year warranty as standard )

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Brother MFC-L27500W:
design-medium.jpg

Absolutely brilliant black-and-white printer/copier/scanner. I had its predecessor for ages until my operating system advanced beyond its capacity to communicate. I gave the old one away to a member of the family who still has it. I moved on to this one and after 6 months find it an improvement on the old one (this one has an automatic feeder). It runs and runs. Occasional clean and toner change, otherwise it just works and works.
I bought mine here at a reasonable price and good service.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I was going to say pick up the cheapest laser printer from HP/Samsung you can find. but even those have quadrupled in price :eek:

I purchased a HP P1102W in 2015 for £50. Now its £300 :wacko:

Samsung also used to have a similarly priced unit but the cheapest HP/Samsung laser I can find now will set you back at least £80-100.

I would avoid HP printers altogether as they released a firmware update no long ago that now prevents the use of cheap refilled ink/toner cartridges that you can purchase from ebay.

I use an HP colour laser with toners from CartridgeSave and ( touches wood ) gave no problem with compatibility. There was an issue a few years ago but soon found a fix on the web

tom73

Guru
Another vote for Brother we've had one years it's had a lot of hammer and it's never missed once.
It just works and toner lasts a long time, we've used 3rd party toners without a problem.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got a Samsung SCX3405 that must be about 10-15 years old now. It's black and white which suits me fine. I buy No Name toner cartridges which are half the price of the genuine article.

What really impressed me when I bought it was the speed at which it starts printing after you press "Print". None of the time wasting dithering that inkjets used to do.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Was in curry’s for look in the flesh so to speak ! Laser printers are quite a bit bigger . Anyway sales chap did say don’t rule out the eco tank printers from Epson . Small bottles last ages and at a ten spot each for genuine ones . Might be the most cost effective . I just have a fear of dried out ink jets ? Epson notoriously bad for that .

Top Bottom