Last commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radger

Veteran
well, last cycle commute to this job as there is going to be heavy drinking tomorrow, then I have to empty my desk on Friday. And what a useless commute it was - I am destroyed by the headwind that made the journey take 60% longer than usual.:blush:
Fingers crossed the wind will blow me home, but no doubt it will swing round 180°

Arch

Married to Night Train
If you didn't enjoy it much, why not do a better 'last' commute on a nicer day? Pick another day you are free (weekend maybe?) and the weather is nice and do the commute, only when you get to 'work' you can sail past shouting abuse at the place (if you feel the need, I don't know your circumstances) and go and find somewhere for a nice cup of tea and a bit of cake instead...

Tynan

Veteran
scootering at the moment to rest a nasty knee and I regret to say that I saw the trees thrashing around under the influence of a wrong way wind and was glad I was scootering

back on the cycle after a weeks hols, so Sept, suspect there's goinh to be a hard couple of days, getting very used to the scooter already, snug and warm and letting the infernal engine take the strain

Keith Oates

Janner
60% increase in commuting time due to a headwind. That must have been one heck of a strong wind, you have my sympathies but think positively, you made it, that's important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brock

Congratulations on losing/changing/giving up your job radger!
I assume you did indeed get blown home, I don't think the wind changed much.

OP
OP
radger

radger

Veteran
Brock said:
Congratulations on losing/changing/giving up your job radger!
I assume you did indeed get blown home, I don't think the wind changed much.

I did indeed - I hardly needed to pedal. :biggrin:

Blonde

Tynan said:
I saw the trees thrashing around under the influence of a wrong way wind...

Ah yes, is it just me or is the wind always the wrong way, no matter which way you are going?

Had a stinker of a headwind all the way home (uphill mostly) for 13 miles on fixed yesterday. Must admit I did wonder at times why I hadn't thought a smaller gear would be a good idea... :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
ah the wind, the great devil, even a gentle one is nasty, a following gale isn't even noticed, you're just going like king kong

wind is the one thing I'd get rid of, trade it for more hills, rain the lot

Top Bottom