1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last day at work! Woo hoo!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Pandaboy, 30 Nov 2007.

1. Pandaboy

Pandaboy New Member

Today is officially the last day with my current employer :biggrin:

Seven years at the same place and finally I get to move back to sunny Devon.

Start the new job on Monday in Plymouth, moving back in with my folks (at the age of 37 :sad:) until I sell my place in Gloucester.

Despite having a streaming cold I couldn't wait to get in today :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Got to go out for my leaving do tonight, hope I don't drink too much and tell certain people exactly what I think of them :biggrin:

2. NickM

NickM Veteran

Kind of a Good News/Bad News post, then?

3. Pandaboy - don't end up with rings around your eyes... and good luck with your new job!:biggrin:

4. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

No gardening leave??????

I finished last Friday and don't start the new job until new year!!!!!!!

5. OP
    OP
    Pandaboy

Pandaboy New Member

Yes sort of bad news but I am looking forward to starting my new job.

At least I wont be writing software for banks anymore, 7 years on the same project was getting rather tedious.

I would have liked some time off inbetween but the state of my bank account dictates that I can't afford it. The current emplolyers insisted I work out every last minute. Gits :biggrin:

Still I got my own back by doing a really half arsed job :biggrin:

6. NickM

NickM Veteran

Glad to hear it. Just time to slip in a few lines of well-buried sabotage code if you're quick...

7. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

S'funny that. My brother writes Treasury management software for banks.