last gig before lockdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My last gig watching a band was Steve

View: https://youtu.be/QqjPAZC5S48

The last gig I went to was the last gig for our band, The Rock n Roll Outlaws. NYE 2018, and not had much music in my life since. Hope to change that soon, though age and arthritis are putting up a good fight at the moment.
I very rarely go to see anyone play, because I'd rather be up there doing it than listening to it.

Drago

Legendary Member
We're speaking with a couple of venues about playing our first gigs as soon as regulations permit.

Meantime, we've been collaborating on BandLab, which has proven to be an invaluable resource for musos. We can't exactly practice together, but each member of the band can lay down their instruments track so I can still get to play along and practice remotely.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Last gig I watched was my son's brass quintet Cobalt Brass at Rainford village hall on 25th January 2020.Joe has quite a few gigs with the various different groups he plays with booked in for this summer.
The last gig I played in was 19th January 2020 - a benefit for York Against Cancer at York Theatre - Shepherd Group Brass Band and Brighouse and Rastrick.
Surprisingly, I played yesterday. Someone's golden wedding celebrations. The family had a gazebo on their drive, the brass quintet (socially distanced obvs) played on the street.
I swear moths flew out the end of my trumpet!

Sharky

Guru
Last gig I watched was my son's brass quintet Cobalt Brass at Rainford village hall on 25th January 2020.Joe has quite a few gigs with the various different groups he plays with booked in for this summer.
The last gig I played in was 19th January 2020 - a benefit for York Against Cancer at York Theatre - Shepherd Group Brass Band and Brighouse and Rastrick.
Surprisingly, I played yesterday. Someone's golden wedding celebrations. The family had a gazebo on their drive, the brass quintet (socially distanced obvs) played on the street.
I swear moths flew out the end of my trumpet!
Not often somebody on here mentions a place I know, but I've been to Rainford Village Hall!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I was trying to remember this a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't.

Possibly Mik Artistik in November 2019... but seem to recall one in early 2020, but can't for the life of me remember :blush:

Sharky

Guru

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YSScyp3DZmM

There you go. Have a fanfare from the very place. Filmed for their online concert broadcast last September

Don't think I recognise that room. We were probably in a side room. It was my uncle's wake a few years ago and we all met there after the service. I am though almost a local lad. I was brought up in nearby prescot and my first cycling club held their evening 10's on the Rainford bypass. My PB for a 10 was set on that course in 1969!

Top Bottom