last gig before lockdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rainford Village Hall.
They used to do a folk night there on a Sunday. Last time we went there was a Dutch guy called Mike Silver. Brilliant guitarist. Played the strings with both hands. Mesmerising.

Last edited:
My PB for a 10 was set on that course in 1969!
Which was?

Julia9054

Guru
Don't think I recognise that room. We were probably in a side room. It was my uncle's wake a few years ago and we all met there after the service. I am though almost a local lad. I was brought up in nearby prescot and my first cycling club held their evening 10's on the Rainford bypass. My PB for a 10 was set on that course in 1969!
The trombone player grew up in Rainford and played with Rainford Brass Band growing up. Cobalt are based in Manchester but perform in Rainford frequently (in normal times!)

AndyRM

XOXO
VNV Nation at The Cluny in Newcastle I reckon. I did have a few others lined up for last year, but f*ck knows when (if ever) I'll get to go, mostly because they're fairly niche bands and I'm not even sure if they're still going.

johnblack

Über Member
I ran the PA for a couple of bands the week before the first lockdown 13/3/20. In a social club, ordered two beers, went to pay on my card, couldn't because is was under the minimum limit of £5. It was absolutely rammed. A beautiful petri dish.

Before the November lockdown, a band I help out with, Rolling Thunder, had an outdoor gig at the Black Prince in Northampton. They will also be the next gig I go to at the Craufurd Arms in Wolverton on 12-6. Three other gigs cancelled, two which have been moved to next year, one not happening.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I ran the PA for a couple of bands the week before the first lockdown 13/3/20. In a social club, ordered two beers, went to pay on my card, couldn't because is was under the minimum limit of £5.
Two beers for less than a fiver? You wouldn't get much change from that for a pint of lager in central Birmingham.

johnblack

Über Member
Two beers for less than a fiver? You wouldn't get much change from that for a pint of lager in central Birmingham.
I know, crazy, not even in the North!!, an ex-servicemans club.

Top Bottom