Last minute vacancies at LEL Special Forces volunteers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Hi,

we have a couple of last minute vacancies on the LEL Special Forces volunteers team: a group of about 30 roaming volunteers, which will be van-based, and visit various controls during the event to help. It's a very special way of taking part and supporting Britain's longest bike ride. Special Forces volunteers will have to commit for a full week of service - we start on Sunday morning in Debden (Aug 7, 10am), and you can expect to be back in London on the following Friday (Aug 12).

Interested? Drop me an email on volunteer@londonedinburghlondon.com or sign up here straight: https://londonedinburghlondon.com/volunteer , leave "Special Forces" in the comment section.

We are also still recruiting ordinary volunteers, in particular for Hessle.

Don't be shy!
Cheers
Olaf

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in France, so can't volunteer sadly.

If anyone's thinking of volunteering it was the helpers at various controls who absolutely made the event worthwhile for me.

The one who went to find my drop bag at Thirsk when it'd been put as 'finished' and I returned 30 minutes later with ripped shorts having had to avoid an oncoming wagon by scraping along a wall.

The one at Great Easton who saw me arrive with an almost flat tyre when I was too tired to work out how my pump put air in (I knew what it did, I just couldn't remember how), took the bike off me and guided me to a table.

And the physio at Barnard Castle who worked on damaged achilles tendons north and south-bound, meaning I would actually finish rather than dnf. I still owe him beer. Lots of beer. But he lives in Italy.

Plus many, many others. My thanks are on the DVD promo :okay:

Top Bottom