Last night's ride... no traffic!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Went out for an evening hooligan ride with my regular buddy and in 16 miles we were only passed by three cars. Admittedly this was in the peaceful Ribble Valley but all the same.... then we got to the pub in Pendleton and somehow found ourselves nipping in for a "recovery" drink.... only to find the place empty!

The landlady gave us the answer - wendyball! Everybody had stayed at home to watch a bunch of overpaid prima donnas kick a ball around. So how can this be turned to our advantage? Can these traffic free evenings be plotted on a calendar?

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Went out for an evening hooligan ride with my regular buddy and in 16 miles we were only passed by three cars. Admittedly this was in the peaceful Ribble Valley but all the same.... then we got to the pub in Pendleton and somehow found ourselves nipping in for a "recovery" drink.... only to find the place empty!

The landlady gave us the answer - wendyball! Everybody had stayed at home to watch a bunch of overpaid prima donnas kick a ball around. So how can this be turned to our advantage? Can these traffic free evenings be plotted on a calendar?
I went to Sainsburys last night, and it was so empty I thought I'd misjudged the time and they were about to close. It made the shopping much less unpleasant.

Brandane

Legendary Member
There was no such effect in these parts. Oh hang on ..... was the football match involving 2 foreign countries? Switzerland and England?
Thought so :whistle:.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

The pub is the regular haunt of dodgy MP Nigel Evans. All his fans were probably at the local Conservative club for his reselection event.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Funny you should say that; the road outside was packed with cars and there was some kind of event going on at the village hall just over the way.

Top Bottom