Latest Arrival Motobecane Mirage Sport Eroica ideal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Couldnt resist this when offered so grabbed it with both hands back in January 2015 but only picked it up yesterday a late 70's (according to date stamp on hubs) Motobecane Mirage Sport fully original except from a set of guards , even down to the early 600 mechs , its not light as only Vitus 888 tubing but should be ok .

If i get chance i will give it few rides round the block and maybe treat it to a commute or two this week

mirage3.jpg
mirage1.jpg
mirage2.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Where the heck do you find all these nice vintage bikes !!!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Where the heck do you find all these nice vintage bikes !!!

all over the places other cycling forums , local gumtree and auction houses and a fair few through word and mouth , oh and spending to long searching on line

and a few of e bay but i try to avoid that due to fees

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
1st short ride done and all works fine and rides nice with a nice positive feel to the bike and its controls , just need cable slack taking out of the brakes

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That looks fab! Well done, another ace find :-) Vitus tubes too ...
Judging by geometry alone 25" frame, short TT, I'd say late 70s early 80s.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks like it would fit me.

La la la I'm not listening.

no but i am

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Srsly, if you see a bike with a gate sized frame that's a bit special, do let me know. No disrespect to that one, but it's a bit like yer run of the mill Puch or Peugot. Not unlike the one I offloaded on you not long ago in fact! Eroica 2016 maybe.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Srsly, if you see a bike with a gate sized frame that's a bit special, do let me know. No disrespect to that one, but it's a bit like yer run of the mill Puch or Peugot. Not unlike the one I offloaded on you not long ago in fact! Eroica 2016 maybe.

ok , agree its not "Pretty" but it is nice ideal for Eroica

Goldie

Über Member
It's reading 11 on the Frenchometer. I do like Motobecanes. It is ruprisingly easy to trip over them even now in France.

Top Bottom