Latin grammar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Over 35 years ago I remember graffitiing my Latin text book with some immortal lines from Jennings. "Latin is as dull as dull can be, it killed off all the Romans and now it's killing me". I got caught and had to write it out 200 times in Latin as a punishment. Be buggered if I can remember the translation, I still have parts of the Latin school song in my head though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Over 35 years ago I remember graffitiing my Latin text book with some immortal lines from Jennings. "Latin is as dull as dull can be, it killed off all the Romans and now it's killing me". I got caught and had to write it out 200 times in Latin as a punishment. Be buggered if I can remember the translation, I still have parts of the Latin school song in my head though.
Ha ha. I got some really stupid phrase to write out (in English)...

I was told to write 500 [such] lines at school for talking in class. I thought that was ridiculous and said so. The teacher immediately ordered me to do an extra 500, at which point I burst out laughing. He ran over to me, and screamed in my face to make that 1,500 lines and I had better not laugh again if I knew what was good for me!

I Sellotaped 5 pens in a row so I effectively only wrote 300 lines, but it still took me ages.

Top Bottom