Laurence, coo-ee!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
oooooooooooh, what is it? looks to be too small got a Harris Hawk - although it could be a male.

i was slightly too excited/nervous to take many pictures... my friend took loads.

Spot on - Male Harris Hawk. He had it swooping over people and hopping between their legs. Quite the best bird display bar one in Germany, that I've been too. The one in Germany was more spectacular but not as up close and personal.

Crackle said:
Spot on - Male Harris Hawk. He had it swooping over people and hopping between their legs. Quite the best bird display bar one in Germany, that I've been too. The one in Germany was more spectacular but not as up close and personal.

i was going by the colour and the white flash.

mine was a female... beautiful bird and the personal one of my falconer on the morning... it would swoop between us as we walked along and passed inches away. it also landed next to us and walked along between us.... really lovely. no doubt there are 'better' displays that are spectacular, but the personal touch made it wonderful. the fact it was just me, my friend taking pictures and the falconer made it very personal.

you'll have to get your son off to visit a larger hawk soon and have a go yourself

I'm always on the lookout for a good bird display. Yours sounds really good. All the Hawk walks I've seen have been, well attended, so you don't get to interact much.

mine was in edinburgh.... well, just south, dalhousie castle. it's part of falconry scotland. Tom was the man who took me out - he even picked us up from a bus stop as we didn't have a car to get there. my friend and i plan to go back again as it was so good. i suspect in better weather there would be more people, but i'm sure a private booking could be arranged

simonali

Guru
Is this the same Laurence with a thing for things of an orange hue?

If so, hello Laurence. If not, hello other Laurence!

simonali

Guru
Did wonder where you'd got to!

I only found here today. Nice, innit?

Top Bottom