Lawn Weed Advice Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Need some advice from any gardening experts on here.

I have quite a lot of weeds in my lawn.

I have a garden sprayer and a bottle of Weedol Lawn Weed Killer.

On the bottle it suggests that it should be applied (diluted) between April-September when both the grass and the weeds are actively growing.

Would I be OK applying it now, as we are currently in a mild spell, or would it cause more harm than good?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It gets cool from Saturday night onwards. You would be wasting your money.

Do you know what ‘weeds’ you have? And I could offer you more constructive advice.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Waste of time at the moment.

Get an old, long knife and remove the dandelion and other tap rooted weeds manually and chuck them in the bin. Things like speedwell and clover you could give the patches a good hard rake now if they offend you, it'll do your abs good!

And when you do apply a herbicide either do it at early or late o'clock so you don't upset bees.

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
It gets cool from Saturday night onwards. You would be wasting your money.

Waste of time at the moment.

Hmmmm. Much as I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

Do you know what ‘weeds’ you have? And I could offer you more constructive advice.

No idea what they’re all called. I think I’ll hit them with the Weedol in April and try and identify what survives.

Things like speedwell and clover you could give the patches a good hard rake now if they offend you, it'll do your abs good!

I’ve always suspected that I have a fantastic set of abs lurking under my moobs and party six. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

Slightly OT but what's the best weedkiller of block paving?

tom73

Guru
What’s been said leave it’s waste of time now.

Top Bottom