Laws to make cycling more popular?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presumed liability

(it would make cycling less popular with people who don't and won't cycle, but I am guessing that's not what you are asking.)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Give some of the design standards national legal force (including 20mph residential and retail areas which I think is in Manual for Streets 1 or 2) instead of pathetic weak guidance. Let us claim punitive damages from councils for building crap hazards. That'll get them fixed very quickly.

I don't think we need many laws to popularise cycling, but enforcing the current traffic laws against motorists more will always help. Zero VAT rate on exercise products including cycling ones would be nice and probably promote public health.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Any new or upgraded segregated cycle infrastructure must be a minimum of 2 metres wide and have an asphalt surface. It must be suitable for disabled riders, cargo bikes, recumbents, tandems, bikes with trailers. It must be signed and include the distance and name of the most distant point that can be reached without interruption to the infrastructure / facility.

Attachments

• DSC01799.JPG
    DSC01799.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 64

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Educate people to respect cycling and accept it is a popular mode of transport.

Spend years telling everyone how eco friendly diesel cars are then heavily tax/ban diesel cars due to their terrible environmental risk, er....?

Top Bottom