1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lbs just phoned :-)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by MichaelM, 29 Apr 2008.

1. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

It's been just over two weeks since I ordered my bike, waiting time of 3 to 4 weeks. So I picked up the phone,

"Hello" I say,
    "Hello" says the other end.

I recognize the voice from the bike shop:

"Is my bike here" I ask getting all exited.
    "Sorry I've dialled the wrong number" he says.

My bike's not here yet :biggrin:

2. Maz

Maz Guru

Nice one. I reckon they do it for a laugh!
    What bike have you ordered?

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

What is the number of the shop? I will call them up and tell them they have been selected for a CBI small business of the year award of fifty thousand pounds. When I hear the first champagne cork pop I'll apologise for having got the wrong number. :biggrin:

4. nilling

nilling Über Member

That's just CRUEL :biggrin:

5. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Lucky barsteward!
    Gotta get me a road bike...I was bloody flying in on my Sirrus this a.m. and was thinking how much faster I'd have been on a road bike.

7. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Very nice...bit of a tango colour scheme tho! :biggrin:

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

No wonder you were excited :biggrin:

Maz, I was following someone with a Sirrus on the way in this morning - things can bloody shift, can't they? Dropped him once the lane widened enough in order to take on a chap on a beautiful Bianchi[1] - lost him at a set of lights (I got through before they changed, I don't think he did).

[1](I only wanted to say "Nice bike mate" when the opportunity presented itself...)

9. Milo

Milo Veteran

I had a moment of sheer joy A couple of days ago when I zoomed past a chap on a carbon fiber trek on the flats at 25+ on my 300 pound Dawes Giro ALU frame I had to resist the urge to go neooow as I passed

10. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

That looks like it could go like stink! Nice one!

11. Maz

Maz Guru

They certainly can move. I just wish sometimes I was in a more aero/head-down position to go faster.

12. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

I like the paint job, understated class methinks.

13. Matbe we should have a look at the engine before we start with comments like that!!:rolleyes:

14. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

that's really NICE!!!!

15. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

It's a Virgo '64. Cosmetically in excellent condition - Uni class polled between 28 and 32 (actual was 42) :angry: Though some parts are getting a bit worn (knees could do with an oil change).