lbs just phoned :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
It's been just over two weeks since I ordered my bike, waiting time of 3 to 4 weeks. So I picked up the phone,

"Hello" I say,
"Hello" says the other end.

I recognize the voice from the bike shop:

"Is my bike here" I ask getting all exited.
"Sorry I've dialled the wrong number" he says.

My bike's not here yet :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Nice one. I reckon they do it for a laugh!
What bike have you ordered?

domtyler

Über Member
What is the number of the shop? I will call them up and tell them they have been selected for a CBI small business of the year award of fifty thousand pounds. When I hear the first champagne cork pop I'll apologise for having got the wrong number. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
MichaelM said:
One of these.

But mine's not here yet!

No wonder you were excited :biggrin:

Maz, I was following someone with a Sirrus on the way in this morning - things can bloody shift, can't they? Dropped him once the lane widened enough in order to take on a chap on a beautiful Bianchi[1] - lost him at a set of lights (I got through before they changed, I don't think he did).

[1](I only wanted to say "Nice bike mate" when the opportunity presented itself...)

Milo

Guru
I had a moment of sheer joy A couple of days ago when I zoomed past a chap on a carbon fiber trek on the flats at 25+ on my 300 pound Dawes Giro ALU frame I had to resist the urge to go neooow as I passed

Maz

Guru
John the Monkey said:
Maz, I was following someone with a Sirrus on the way in this morning - things can bloody shift, can't they?
They certainly can move. I just wish sometimes I was in a more aero/head-down position to go faster.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Eat MY Dust said:
Matbe we should have a look at the engine before we start with comments like that!!:angry:

It's a Virgo '64. Cosmetically in excellent condition - Uni class polled between 28 and 32 (actual was 42) :angry: Though some parts are getting a bit worn (knees could do with an oil change).

Top Bottom