Le Havre to Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red_Neil

Hi

I'm new to cycling and want to cycle from Le Havre to Paris this summer, but want to do it along cycle paths / quiet roads etc. I'd love to follow the Seine.

I've read a lot about Dieppe to Paris being a good run, but I'd rather leave from Portsmouth / Le Havre.

Any good routes out there?

Neil

itchybeard

Hi

I'm new to cycling and want to cycle from Le Havre to Paris this summer, but want to do it along cycle paths / quiet roads etc. I'd love to follow the Seine.

I've read a lot about Dieppe to Paris being a good run, but I'd rather leave from Portsmouth / Le Havre.

Any good routes out there?

Neil

Ive not done France as yet, but i will be next week for two weeks form Portsmouth to Cherbourg.
I may take it around and head for Paris cycling.
I purchased a road map (the works 3.99) will colour photocopy and take with.
It looks like roads, quieter roads to me though i have not researched any cycle tracks.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
From the port I'd go straight ahead to (I think) the first roundabout, last exit takes you into a carpark with ferry offices at the end. You can nip through the bollards left on to the road that goes under the disembarkation road. Then follow that through the route industrielle for a few kms until the road narrows and bends left and go over the junction with the main route. Google maps will show you a right turn further on which leads to a free chain ferry to Quillebeuf. The D roads follow the meanderings of the Seine. The main routes cut across the loops.

Top Bottom