England : Lancashire Le Terrier Cycle Sportive 02/06/2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bikiebob

Regular
Hi everybody,
A friend recommended I take a look here and I was amazed what an active site it is.
I have done a search through the forum and I see several members have ridden Le Terrier in the past with quite favourable reports so I thought I’d bring you up to date this year’s plans. Those who have ridden before will know all about the ride we proudly organise but for those who don't know about it:
Le Terrier is organised by a small group of cyclists from Lancaster CC and we have three routes to choose from covering 44, 66 & 104miles, all in the Bowland Forest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The routes are slightly different each year but still retain the best bits which have been in the ride since it's first running six years ago.
We are very proud of our event and the reputation it had earned and as cyclists ourselves we like to think we are organising an event we would ride ourselves.
We all do the organising for free but we also do this to make money but not for ourselves or the club but for charities. Next year the charities are Lancaster Homeless (LDHAS) and BayAquatherapy and to this end we do not have a budget for advertising but rely on our reputation and word of mouth. We would therefore appreciate it if you could copy/circulate to any other forum/notice boards you may be members of.
Le Terrier 2013 is now accepting entries on SiEntries.
Links to the entry system and details of the new routes on www.le-terrier.co.uk

U

User482

Looks cracking. I've ridden most of those hills but never all in the same ride! Might give it a go.

pally83

Über Member
How did you get on? I chickened out of Roeburndale at the end and got round with a moving average of 13.8. Headwind on the run in was a killer! Enjoyed the day though.

U

User482

How did you get on? I chickened out of Roeburndale at the end and got round with a moving average of 13.8. Headwind on the run in was a killer! Enjoyed the day though.
Roeburndale just about finished me off! Got 8th fastest time though, which I was pretty happy with. Nice of Lancaster CC to organise some good weather.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Roeburndale - I haven't heard of that. Hang on, I have found the river ...

That road up to Salter is something I spotted on my OS map a few years ago and wondered if it was possible to ride a road bike over the ford and along the farm track then west over Caton Moor. Is that the way you went?

I know there is a bridleway over Salter Fell to Slaidburn but I have never ventured that far NW with my MTB.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just downloaded the gpx file of the long route via Roeburndale. What a fantastic and very tough route that is!

I will have a go at that as a super-hard forum ride when I am strong enough to tackle a route like that again, but I would start and finish from Spring Wood above Whalley.

U

User482

Just to add this was a great event - very quiet roads in beautiful countryside, well organised by the local CC, friendly and good food stops. The long route isn't to be underestimated - I clocked over 3800 metres of climbing in 105 miles.

An event of this quality really deserves to be better known.

pally83

Über Member
Just to add this was a great event - very quiet roads in beautiful countryside, well organised by the local CC, friendly and good food stops. The long route isn't to be underestimated - I clocked over 3800 metres of climbing in 105 miles.

An event of this quality really deserves to be better known.

I second that. It really was a superb day out with a free beer at the end.

I will definitely be doing it again. Next time, I'll do some proper training for the finish - well done you on the time!

Top Bottom