Leather Flaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You are one weird person.

Don't forget the leather elbow patches, too.

OP
OP
dubman

dubman

Guru
Yes i have been told once before , and your a twat but hey ho takes allsorts to make the world go round.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
nope, but I drilled my (french brand forget the name) front guard to take one without issue. Just remember to slather it with proofhide and leave the proofhide on it afterwards, i.e. don't polist it off, as it may soak loads of water.

Nicely matches my weird leather bar tape and weird leather saddle btw

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I was just about to say, if its made out of the same stuff as the saddles and they dont do well in the wet, how can they do flaps made out of the same stuff?:biggrin:
Must need alot of proofhide.
Id have some on a bike i often dream of( a steel fixed tourer with racks, full mudguards, brooks saddle, leather bar tape............
Oh, and just drill the mudguards you get, shouldnt be too hard.

Chuffy

Veteran
When I saw this thread my first thought was 'ho hum, another thread about ladies saddles'.....:rolleyes:

I reckon you'll struggle to get mudguards with pre-fitted leather flaps and if you can find them, they'll be bespoke ie bloody expensive. Get thee to Gilles Berthoud (is that what you have Grumpy Greg?) and fit some flaps to some of his finest.

OP
OP
dubman

dubman

Guru
ASC1951 said:
Maybe, but a twat with a sense of humour. Sorry if I offended you.

None taken , hope i didnt offend you.

Christopher

Über Member
I cut up the fibrous plastic packaging from a Michelin Pro Race tyre & used that, it works fine - just the right degree of stiffness.

Top Bottom