Leaving a dog at home all day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Part of me would be tempted to record the barking, then leave it playing on the stereo whenever you left the house empty. But then that's why I chose a house with no real neighbours...

+1 on keeping a copy of the FB posts as a just in case though. Big difference between punching you in the throat in the heat of the moment, and having been contemplating it for a while...

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Don't intend to do anything about the dog, it's not actually being mistreated. The stuff on face book was on an open profile, mrs d reported it to face book as threatening and abusive but got an automated reply saying; I quote 'didn't contain graphic violence' so was ok. He doesn't know we've seen it, I'm not going to end up with a load of aggro or end up in trouble myself over what some knobber puts on the interweb.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Jack is left on his own for about 8 hours a day when Mr R is at work. He spends a lot of his time asleep on our bed. Otherwise, he's asleep on the stairs. He only really barks if the postman or someone else comes to the door, or if the ice cream van goes past.

We actually had a webcam on when we first left him, and we saw what he got up to...

I behave pretty much the same when Mrs nickyboy leaves me in on my own. She doesn't monitor me via webcam though.....at least I think she doesn't

Drago

Legendary Member
I had this from my then neighbours a few years ago. In went the recording equipment, evidence of dog barking and howling during the day. On the verge of taking then to court for a noise abatement notice, then they moved. You're entitled to enjoy your property in reasonable peace any time of the day or night.

jhawk

Veteran
We have two and are looking at rehoming them both. As much as we love them, Dad and I are both out for a long time during the day, usually four hours at a time. It isn't fair on them to be shut inside all day, and when we're not out, Dad goes away on the weekends and I'm stuck at home invariably. Not fair on me.

So, as unfortunate as it is, it's what's best for all parties involved. At the end of the day, it's about what's best for the animal.

Top Bottom