LED bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_bing

Über Member
happy new year dudes!

as winter is here, i want to continue riding after work. i want 2 LED lights for the front, both to see and be seen, and because LEDs don't munch batteries and they're flinkin' bright nowadays. can any of you guys recommend any LED lights that give a good spread of light for when i ride down unlit roads so i don't go into the hedge?

price wise, i'm looking at spending up to about 40 quid each tops, dunno if that'll be enough but at least the sales are on...

any help appreciated :tongue:

Tynan

Veteran
rear lights are far cheaper so you can get something good for £20, front lights to see by do get expensive so you might struggle there for £60 for something to genuinely light up your path, people on here like the torches from Tesco and the light, not pretty but are bright

you're basically paying for small, bright and burn time, all three gets pricey

RedBike

There are a few 'torches' that can be bought for £40 that will fit the bill. But if I was you I would just take your £80 and buy one Hope Vision 1 light.

amaferanga

Veteran
If you're not desperate then a Magicshine from Dealextreme (will probably take about a month) or if you need them quicker and are prepared to pay a little extra from ebay (factor in about £19 in VAT and Parcelforce charges for the ebay one as well).

OP
OP
the_bing

the_bing

Über Member
thanks for advice guys, i'll look into it :smile: what are these torches by tesco (i've heard a bit about them)? i take it i want the 3w version. does anyone have a picture of one to post so i know i'm getting the right thing (sounds worth a try...)

Top Bottom