Led + lasers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I had a look at those when I started doing night rides, I can't see anything wrong with them as they are shining on the ground and not as anybody’s face, would I buy them ....no

You can fit any light on a bike......... in addition to one that meets the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations and does not breech the basics such as no blue lights, front facing is white and rear facing is red

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
thanks all! I'll look somewhere else for a good quality light. BTW any suggestion for a good one but not too expensive?

Everyone has their favourites, but
check out Cateye's.. they make very good, reasonably priced lights.

GentlyBenevolent

I was given one of these before last winter, and I thought it was quite good. I have an exposure flare, the fibre flare and one of these in the darker months as there's a reasonable amount of unlit road. I would say that traffic seemed to give a wider berth when I had the laser light on. I never bothered with the LED bit, as between the fibre and the rear light it wasn't needed. I was going to get some pictures, but then the evenings brightened up and I didn't bother with it.

Construction is pretty flimsy, the buttons are plasticky and the mount doesn't feel up to much, but I do think the idea has merit from my experience of it. Got a few mates to given an opinion of if they could see it from a distance and they said they could. Whether it makes you more visible to drivers or just provides a distraction I don't know.

I'll be using mine this winter, but I'd recommend getting a fibre flare and another standard LED light. I'm not sure I'd recommend the exposure ones after bad (non-existant) customer service and the expensive batteries (needs their own charger, don't fit in anything else I have). The front white exposure light in the flash/flare set is pretty weak.

Top Bottom